Is "Sort by Lowest Price" no longer available?

I may be going mad here, but I'm sure there used to be an option to sort search results by lowest price (without shipping)? As a coin buyer I recall (I think) using the feature as I often bid on multiple coins from one seller so would get the advantage of combined shipping while getting lower final bid prices. Does anyone else remember this sort feature?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is "Sort by Lowest Price" no longer available?

You're right, it's not there for us either.

I'm sure I've used it in the past week or two, so it must be a new change (or a Friday glitch).

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

kermit2023
Community Member

I use the eBay app. 

sort by: lowest price + postage is still there… 

I did a search for coins in Coins category. Selected lowest price + postage then scrolled down the filter option  to postage tab and selected free postage. 
still got over 33,000 listings. 

Is this not what you’re after? 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

You used to be able to search for lowest price that did not include the cost of postage so searching for free postage does not bring up those items that are lowest price that have a postage cost on the listing.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

But if you search lowest price +postage, and then go one step further and select free postage option, you’re still getting listing in the lowest price range, first. 
Aren’t you? 🤔

I would think so. EBay changing formats again…… 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Free shipping is not the lowest price as the shipping is included with every item and you cannot "combine shipping" on 20 items when the shipping price is incorporated into the sale price of every item. Unless I'm chasing 1 item only, I never want 'free' shipping. In fact, I wish EBay would introduce an option to exclude items with free shipping from search results. Excluding results with GSP would also be another win for buyers but oh dear, that might mean less EBay profit.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@ekrabappel wrote:

Free shipping is not the lowest price as the shipping is included with every item and you cannot "combine shipping" on 20 items when the shipping price is incorporated into the sale price of every item. 

In your opinion,  I list some items with free shipping, and 99% of the switched on community understand that it is incorporated into the sale price.   That same 99% of the switched on community,  know they can reach out to the seller and ask for an appropriate discount or whatever you want to call it to make up for all the additional postage.   Doesnt mean all sellers will,  but the ones I have asked,  99% do.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I vote to bring back the "sort by price" option.  This was very useful when looking at sold listings to figure out what an item is worth when listing items.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply