Is this product a scam?

bryson_72
Community Member
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is this product a scam?

The seller's feedback profile states:

Feedback percentage is only 98.5%. (Feedback percentage miminum for a large volume seller from whom I would buy is 99.5%.)

Spoiler

Negative feedback rating          REFUSING TO ISSUE RETURNS LABEL SO I CAN RETURN FOR A REFUND

Negative feedback rating          ITS NOT HD NOT EVEN CLOSE -, SOFTWARE PROBLEM, Don’t buy from this seller

Negative feedback rating          liar seller, did not send the object, provide a false tracking number

Negative feedback rating          Purchased item but didnt work right, never will purchase from this seller again.

Negative feedback rating          Objet ne fonctionne pas depuis la livraison.

Negative feedback rating          This seller is a rip-off merchant. They are not in Australia. Hasn’t returned $

Negative feedback rating          shipping is fast , but the item doesn't work.

Negative feedback rating          Fuse delivered broken ,no replacement

Negative feedback rating          never buy off this seller broken goods turn up and they will not replace

Negative feedback rating          Stay away item doesn’t work seller sends msg but never fix problem

Negative feedback rating          Photo quality isn't 16MP ... Very poor quality.

Negative feedback rating          Boot struts didn't fit, possible fakes. Seller wasting time had to open return

Negative feedback rating          Item never turned up & delayed in given a refund not the of sellers

Negative feedback rating          piece of junk doesn't pump water

Negative feedback rating          Seller says delivered but no item arrived. Now playing games. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Negative feedback rating          Not delivered. Poor investigation on the delivery. Ebay close the missing case.

Negative feedback rating          Faulty machine,seller delayed then refused refund. eBay Support sent refund

Negative feedback rating          Never take my part

Negative feedback rating          I am a pro locksmith that copy remote fir cars/grage stay away from this seller

Negative feedback rating          Very poor customer service. Mistake to purchase from this seller.

Negative feedback rating          like a kids toy , very small good for nothing , falls apart easily cannot use

Negative feedback rating          Item did not arrive. Contacted seller and seller away. Not happy.

Negative feedback rating          Not happy with juicer.contacted seller,no reply.

Negative feedback rating          DISHONEST SELLER!!! ITEM RETURNED WITHOUT TRACKING & SELLER REFUSED TO REFUND!!!

Negative feedback rating          Odered 3, got 1. Seller claims my mistake. Beware.

Negative feedback rating          Parts of items missing, got told to just put it up without an earth. Not safe

Negative feedback rating          Leaver bent on first use Chinese junk

Negative feedback rating          No product recieved,lies on who was at fault ,pathetic.Never again!!!!!!!!!

Negative feedback rating          dont fit my car i ask them to send me the right part they want give me 20 % back

Negative feedback rating          Après 2 mois, 1 litige et 2 envois: jamais arrivée !

Negative feedback rating          Very poor communication. I gave up in the end and sorted the problem myself!

Negative feedback rating          Arrived damaged.

Negative feedback rating          It says vaccuum but they got me a normal blackhead pore tool

Negative feedback rating          Didn't arrive after 4 weeks. Refund refused.

Negative feedback rating          The item does not work at all and seller do respond !!!!

Negative feedback rating          The worst experience I’ve ever had with an eBay seller, disgusting

Negative feedback rating          Damaged in transit. Seller unhelpful. Opened case for successful refund.

Negative feedback rating          Cheap item, poor quality. Awful customer service - Ebay stepped in for refund

Negative feedback rating          Utterly terrible seller,dodged responsibilities,had to get eBay involved. AVOID!

Negative feedback rating          Unregistered and still not received.Seller doesn't respond.

Negative feedback rating          no me ha llegado el articulo quiero un reembolso

Negative feedback rating          you are not US seller but item location is in US? report your scam listing! send

Negative feedback rating          Item is not as described and therefore not suitable. Seller refuses to replace

Negative feedback rating          Item did not arrive

In the Item Specifics, it's specifically stated that this is an unbranded phone.

Brand: Unbranded

Network is stated to be 3G (not 4G).

Spoiler
At least the seller is not promising a warranty. (A warranty by a Chinese seller is as worthless as a burp on Titan.)
Equally, at least the seller is not claiming that the item is in Australia.

I would say that this is a cheaply-made phone, produced in a Chinese factory of the cheapest possible raw materials, which means that the components are unlikely to be fit for purpose and the stated capacity etc is likely to be grossly overstated.

It will have no warranty.

Because of its cheapest possible components, it won't meet Australian safety standards. From a previous answer that I'd made in the Answer Centre:

❝You are taking an enormous risk in buying electronic parts and gear from Hong Kong / China. The goods are highly unlikely to be made to Australian safety standards. Do the items that you're buying have EESS Conformity Certification (CCS)? I suspect not. It's one thing to buy grey goods / parallel imports to save some money (at the risk of possibly having no enforceable warranty), but it's far worse when one buys electric/electronic goods made in the cheapest possible way in factories in China where there isn't any standard comparable to the Australian safety standards, and neither is there any responsibility for the safety of the persons who end up using those goods.

If something goes wrong, you could damage or destroy other (more expensive) goods, damage/destroy your house, injure/kill other people in the vicinity, and suffer injury or loss of life yourself.

If the cause of a fire or other catastrophic event is determined to be electric/electronic goods that you've bought from China, and those goods are shown in the investigation not to meet Australian safety standards, there won't be any insurance cover, either.

Of course, it's your decision whether or not you wish to continue buying computer parts and adapters and cables and the Lord only knows what else from China / Hong Kong. Perhaps it's being "penny wise pound foolish", though; it's certainly an actual risk. I would not put the lives of the people I love in such danger, for the sake of a few dollars.

There are regulations that apply to the supply of electrical equipment and appliances. The requirements set out in the regulations must be followed. A failure to do so is a criminal offence.

Regulations and Standards apply to all electrical equipment sold or offered for supply in Australia.    Certain types of equipment are classified as prescribed. These pieces of equipment must go through a certification process which ensures the equipment is compliant to the relevant safety standards before being offered for supply in Australia.

Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM)

Prescribed electrical products must have an RCM on the appliance or an Australian approval number to show that the product has been certified.
This mark is currently recognised by all States and Territories of Australia.

Regulatory Compliance Mark

See this post for the issues that are almost certainly going to be involved in buying this phone from a Chinese seller.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Is this product a scam?

The seller's feedback profile states:

Feedback percentage is only 98.5%. (Feedback percentage miminum for a large volume seller from whom I would buy is 99.5%.)

Spoiler

Negative feedback rating          REFUSING TO ISSUE RETURNS LABEL SO I CAN RETURN FOR A REFUND

Negative feedback rating          ITS NOT HD NOT EVEN CLOSE -, SOFTWARE PROBLEM, Don’t buy from this seller

Negative feedback rating          liar seller, did not send the object, provide a false tracking number

Negative feedback rating          Purchased item but didnt work right, never will purchase from this seller again.

Negative feedback rating          Objet ne fonctionne pas depuis la livraison.

Negative feedback rating          This seller is a rip-off merchant. They are not in Australia. Hasn’t returned $

Negative feedback rating          shipping is fast , but the item doesn't work.

Negative feedback rating          Fuse delivered broken ,no replacement

Negative feedback rating          never buy off this seller broken goods turn up and they will not replace

Negative feedback rating          Stay away item doesn’t work seller sends msg but never fix problem

Negative feedback rating          Photo quality isn't 16MP ... Very poor quality.

Negative feedback rating          Boot struts didn't fit, possible fakes. Seller wasting time had to open return

Negative feedback rating          Item never turned up & delayed in given a refund not the of sellers

Negative feedback rating          piece of junk doesn't pump water

Negative feedback rating          Seller says delivered but no item arrived. Now playing games. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Negative feedback rating          Not delivered. Poor investigation on the delivery. Ebay close the missing case.

Negative feedback rating          Faulty machine,seller delayed then refused refund. eBay Support sent refund

Negative feedback rating          Never take my part

Negative feedback rating          I am a pro locksmith that copy remote fir cars/grage stay away from this seller

Negative feedback rating          Very poor customer service. Mistake to purchase from this seller.

Negative feedback rating          like a kids toy , very small good for nothing , falls apart easily cannot use

Negative feedback rating          Item did not arrive. Contacted seller and seller away. Not happy.

Negative feedback rating          Not happy with juicer.contacted seller,no reply.

Negative feedback rating          DISHONEST SELLER!!! ITEM RETURNED WITHOUT TRACKING & SELLER REFUSED TO REFUND!!!

Negative feedback rating          Odered 3, got 1. Seller claims my mistake. Beware.

Negative feedback rating          Parts of items missing, got told to just put it up without an earth. Not safe

Negative feedback rating          Leaver bent on first use Chinese junk

Negative feedback rating          No product recieved,lies on who was at fault ,pathetic.Never again!!!!!!!!!

Negative feedback rating          dont fit my car i ask them to send me the right part they want give me 20 % back

Negative feedback rating          Après 2 mois, 1 litige et 2 envois: jamais arrivée !

Negative feedback rating          Very poor communication. I gave up in the end and sorted the problem myself!

Negative feedback rating          Arrived damaged.

Negative feedback rating          It says vaccuum but they got me a normal blackhead pore tool

Negative feedback rating          Didn't arrive after 4 weeks. Refund refused.

Negative feedback rating          The item does not work at all and seller do respond !!!!

Negative feedback rating          The worst experience I’ve ever had with an eBay seller, disgusting

Negative feedback rating          Damaged in transit. Seller unhelpful. Opened case for successful refund.

Negative feedback rating          Cheap item, poor quality. Awful customer service - Ebay stepped in for refund

Negative feedback rating          Utterly terrible seller,dodged responsibilities,had to get eBay involved. AVOID!

Negative feedback rating          Unregistered and still not received.Seller doesn't respond.

Negative feedback rating          no me ha llegado el articulo quiero un reembolso

Negative feedback rating          you are not US seller but item location is in US? report your scam listing! send

Negative feedback rating          Item is not as described and therefore not suitable. Seller refuses to replace

Negative feedback rating          Item did not arrive

In the Item Specifics, it's specifically stated that this is an unbranded phone.

Brand: Unbranded

Network is stated to be 3G (not 4G).

Spoiler
At least the seller is not promising a warranty. (A warranty by a Chinese seller is as worthless as a burp on Titan.)
Equally, at least the seller is not claiming that the item is in Australia.

I would say that this is a cheaply-made phone, produced in a Chinese factory of the cheapest possible raw materials, which means that the components are unlikely to be fit for purpose and the stated capacity etc is likely to be grossly overstated.

It will have no warranty.

Because of its cheapest possible components, it won't meet Australian safety standards. From a previous answer that I'd made in the Answer Centre:

❝You are taking an enormous risk in buying electronic parts and gear from Hong Kong / China. The goods are highly unlikely to be made to Australian safety standards. Do the items that you're buying have EESS Conformity Certification (CCS)? I suspect not. It's one thing to buy grey goods / parallel imports to save some money (at the risk of possibly having no enforceable warranty), but it's far worse when one buys electric/electronic goods made in the cheapest possible way in factories in China where there isn't any standard comparable to the Australian safety standards, and neither is there any responsibility for the safety of the persons who end up using those goods.

If something goes wrong, you could damage or destroy other (more expensive) goods, damage/destroy your house, injure/kill other people in the vicinity, and suffer injury or loss of life yourself.

If the cause of a fire or other catastrophic event is determined to be electric/electronic goods that you've bought from China, and those goods are shown in the investigation not to meet Australian safety standards, there won't be any insurance cover, either.

Of course, it's your decision whether or not you wish to continue buying computer parts and adapters and cables and the Lord only knows what else from China / Hong Kong. Perhaps it's being "penny wise pound foolish", though; it's certainly an actual risk. I would not put the lives of the people I love in such danger, for the sake of a few dollars.

There are regulations that apply to the supply of electrical equipment and appliances. The requirements set out in the regulations must be followed. A failure to do so is a criminal offence.

Regulations and Standards apply to all electrical equipment sold or offered for supply in Australia.    Certain types of equipment are classified as prescribed. These pieces of equipment must go through a certification process which ensures the equipment is compliant to the relevant safety standards before being offered for supply in Australia.

Regulatory Compliance Mark (RCM)

Prescribed electrical products must have an RCM on the appliance or an Australian approval number to show that the product has been certified.
This mark is currently recognised by all States and Territories of Australia.

Regulatory Compliance Mark

See this post for the issues that are almost certainly going to be involved in buying this phone from a Chinese seller.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Is this product a scam?

Don't waste your money.

It's not an out and out scammer in that the seller may send you something-but you probably won't be happy with it.

It will come with no warranty, it'll be made of sub standard materials and it's unlikely it will be anywhere near the quality of phone you will buy here in Australia. There's a reason it is cheap, it's probably a piece of junk.

Chinese laws about copying products etc don't seem to be the same as ours.

I see you look fairly new to ebay (zero feedback). If that is so, maybe it is best not to make your first purchases anything electronic or from China. Always check the feedback of the seller and where they are located. Remeber, if anything does go wrong with a purchase, ebay has ways for you to claim your money back but that often involves posting the item back to the seller for a refund.

If the seller is in Australia, they can send you a postage label (at their expense, not yours). If the seller is overseas, it's more complicated.

If I were you, I'd stick to buying from Australia for a while and steer away from things like phones, computers or amazingly, surprisingly cheap  but new electrical products. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Is this product a scam?

Thanks for the heads up
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply