Is this scam guys?

I am looking to buy an air fryer and this one (eBay item number: 313594498569) is sold by other sellers from $80-$260 here on ebay, but this new seller lists it for just $23.98 for "Buy it Now", more than a dozen has been sold. Is it legit or a scam, can any1 tell? I don't wanna buy it and the item never arrives. Thanks. Cheers. 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Is this scam guys?

More than likely it's a scam, but if you pay by Paypal you're covered if things go wrong so long as you're careful.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks.

I didn't wanna miss out so already bought one and of course paid by paypal. So hopefully the item will arrive otherwise should get refunded. Cheers.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Come back here if it goes pear-shaped because if you don't open a dispute the right way you'll lose your money.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

They have another listing item# 184926352700, 15 units have been sold so far today and they say they still have more than 140 in stocks. If it's a scam, the seller will run away with lots of money... 

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

You say you don't want to buy it and find it's a scam. Then you say you bought it. Buyer's remorse? Or the fact that the item won't meet any applicable standards and have no enforceable warranty?

I don't know what sort of quality you expect a $24 air fryer to have, but I expect that you will be disappointed. A $24 airfryer will almost certainly be worth what you paid. Which is significantly less than a functional one would cost.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I didn't wanna miss out so tried my luck as long as it arrives, that should be fine. As for the quality this is good brand but not sure why it is sold for that price while other sellers sell exactly the same one for min $80.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

The brand would be okay if it is the brand. Doubtful. I have no doubt that the seller isn't registered in Australia.

'I didn't want to miss out' is the trigger that scammers use to weed out the greedy from the realistic. You seem to have firmly put yourself in the first camp.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

The listing says the seller is in South Australia and the item is estimated to arrive before Thu. 15 Jul.

As I said as long as it arrives I am happy.

The brand is Devanti which is a popular one. Just worry that it's really a scam and the item never arrives then have to claim refund from paypal - just a waste of time and energy.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Many years ago there were a lot of listings for Nutribullets which turned out to be fake, the problem for the buyers was proving the items were fake, since eBay would only accept a letter from an authorised seller of them to be refunded. Since the authorised sellers would not do that the buyers all lost their money.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply