Item not arrived, seller gives no apology and just says be patient.

I'm in Victoria, and bought an item that is SUPPOSEDLY in NSW.

Purchased on the 24th June, got an email on the 25th saying it was posted. Come 5th July (the latest expected receive date) and it still hasn't arrived. So 10 days from a neighbouring state and no arrival.

Contacted the seller and this is the response a couple of days later:

Hi dear customer.

Thanks for your message.

Your item is now on its way to you.

I just urged it for you, plz kindly wait in more patience.

Hope you have a nice day.

Any problems plz contact with us.

Best regards.

Well that response just got my back up. No apology, no explanation why it's late, and to top it off I'm then told to be more patient.

So I emailed back to ask when I can expect it to arrive. I said if the expected arrival time is too long I'll ask for a refund. OR if I accept the new expected arrival time, but it does not arrive by that time, I'll demand a refund.

3 days later and no reply from the seller. Based of the "English" in the message shown, I'm guessing this item is not even coming from NSW and that's why it's taking so long.

There doesn't appear to be any tracking on this item, so does this mean I'm entitled to a refund. I don't really care if the item is on its way or not. I beleive this is yet another seller lying about their products being in Austalia when they are probably coming from China.

If we simply accept this deception, we only deserve more of it.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Yes... atrocious feedback, and with a feedback score far below what I consider acceptable for a high-volume seller.

Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

At least with Amazon you're guaranteed to only have Australian sellers to buy from. They spat the dummy on GST and geoblocked their other sites.

I doubt there will be many 10t puller thingys available, but you never know.

Ps: Didn't you think that an ID that included 'usa' might give a hint that they are not Australian?

Re AM:

It seems that Amazon have rethought their position. One can't stipulate an Australian delivery address; that's the extent of it, so far as I can tell.

10t puller thingys - now you're getting too technical for me!

Agreed - USA in the username at the very least means "not Australian", yet AU in the username frequently means the same thing (i.e., "not Australian). It's not exclusively seen as a geo-lie, either; "verygenuine" as a username would have my caution activated at full strength.

I'm only going on the OP's description.

My store ID has 'oz' as a suffix.

Mainly because the bits before 'oz' were unavailable at the time. That ID had been defunct for a decade, but eBay still wouldn't let me use it.

Saying that, I am indeed in Oz. I don't even post outside of the country

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

It is a pity that bad sellers misrepresenting item location may also use AU or OZ, etc., without its being as accurate as it for you and other sellers in Australia.

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

At least with Amazon you're guaranteed to only have Australian sellers to buy from.

No you're not - they allow sellers from anywhere to list on the AU site (AFAIK), and still offer items from Amazon Global, which would make them liable to collect GST on items sold from other countries. 

When they first opened, you could see where an item ships from in the search results, but now you can't see it anywhere (not that I could find, anyway), and the seller profiles don't say where they are located or registered from, either. The best indication of where an item is shipping from is the estimated delivery timeframe (lots of items have a 2+ week delivery time). 

Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

For those who seem to be insinuating I should have been smarter, buyers should not have to be. The problem seems to lie with Ebay themselves not doing anything about this problem.

I'm not exactly an Ebay power buyer so to speak. I get something occasionally. Mostly just look at item location, delivery time, price, etc before buying. Haven't had much problem. As for looking at where a business is registered, etc, never had any reason to look into those things. Like I say this is the first time this has (knowingly) happened to me. And I certainly don't look into an Ebay name and make decisions based on that. For all I know they could import from the USA, China, etc and hold in stock here. But like I say, if an item is listed as being in NSW then it should be, and the buyer should not be made to look a fool because it wasn't. 

Here in Australia we seem to have every Tom, Dick and Harry calling their businesses Oz this, Aussie that, Australian the other, etc in the hope that gullable customers will think they're a true Aussie company and buy from them. It's a joke. So does having that in their business name give some official representation of them as a true blue proud Australian company. Of course not.

A Chinese seller could stick AU in their Ebay name and then what, they're OK to buy from LOL.

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
The clique loves to point out what you did wrong.
Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

@marwi5023 wrote:
The clique loves to point out what you did wrong.

As far as I can see the experienced members here have pointed out where NOT to go wrong next time marwi, and have actually made relevant contributions to the thread........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

I'm not sure if you're including me in the "clique" comment. I do try always to post helpful and useful information. It's a given that sometimes the most helpful information includes advice on how to avoid the same pitfalls in future. I hope I haven't offended anyone by including that information...

Look, perhaps you're seeing a "clique" because there are similar comments being made by various posters, all of which appear to be supporting the same points. But rather than this being a posse of grinning critics who all belong to the same secret club with a secret handshake and a secret wink of the eye, I think it's more a case of long experience with dealing with similar issues, and also with eBay members who have knowledge of the oft-changing eBay policies and how to navigate within the rocks and shoals and wild waters of those policies.

Even the bluntest posters on these boards, posting accurate information, is going to be more helpful than a sympathetic poster who doesn't understand what the policy wording is, and how it's applied. That's why I appreciate the people on these boards so much. They've got a wealth of accurate helpful information specific to eBay buying and selling and how to go about dealing with many problems that arise.

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. I'd like to remind you that interpersonal dispute isn't allowed here. Please read our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/...

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

OK guys, aplogies if I'm interpreting some comments in the wrong way, but the way the ones in question are said does leave them open to that type of interpretation. For example message 10 can easily be interpreted as, "Wasn't it obvious dumbo", hence my subsequent post.

I have experienced plenty of this type of thing in the past so I guess my guard is up a little. Once again sorry if they were not meant that way.

I really do appreciate all the help and suggestions, and thanks again.

Well, the item finally arrived yesterday. The senders address was Melbourne LOL, not NSW, so I'd guess the item got dropshipped from China to Melbourne then onsent to me. Total of 15 days to arrived from a location 40 km away, hmmm.

Although I feel like giving the seller a little payback for his/her lies & deception, I'll do the "right" thing and let them know it's arrived, but leave bad feedback.

And thanks to you guys, I'm now a bit more knowledgeable on how to avoid this in the future.

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply