Item not arrived, seller gives no apology and just says be patient.

I'm in Victoria, and bought an item that is SUPPOSEDLY in NSW.

Purchased on the 24th June, got an email on the 25th saying it was posted. Come 5th July (the latest expected receive date) and it still hasn't arrived. So 10 days from a neighbouring state and no arrival.

Contacted the seller and this is the response a couple of days later:

Hi dear customer.

Thanks for your message.

Your item is now on its way to you.

I just urged it for you, plz kindly wait in more patience.

Hope you have a nice day.

Any problems plz contact with us.

Best regards.

Well that response just got my back up. No apology, no explanation why it's late, and to top it off I'm then told to be more patient.

So I emailed back to ask when I can expect it to arrive. I said if the expected arrival time is too long I'll ask for a refund. OR if I accept the new expected arrival time, but it does not arrive by that time, I'll demand a refund.

3 days later and no reply from the seller. Based of the "English" in the message shown, I'm guessing this item is not even coming from NSW and that's why it's taking so long.

There doesn't appear to be any tracking on this item, so does this mean I'm entitled to a refund. I don't really care if the item is on its way or not. I beleive this is yet another seller lying about their products being in Austalia when they are probably coming from China.

If we simply accept this deception, we only deserve more of it.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Just a little more info for anyone that may find it useful.

The box the item arrived in had vidaXL.com printed on it. They seem to be some sort of international seller/distributor.

The shipping label had the item coming from:

HB Commerce Pty Ltd (Melbourne)

44/400 Somerville Rd

Melbourne

That location is not far from Port Melbourne, so I'm guessing it was shipped directly to Melbourne then posted onto me.

Next issue is talking to Ebay to get them to reinstate Feedback. Since reporting the item as not arrived, the Feedback option has gone. This will be interesting.

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

Feedback can only be left for 60 days.....you have a snowball's chance of getting ebay to do anything about that.

Try going through the US site.....it can sometimes be available for a bit longer.+

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

Has it got a date stamp on the envelope to show when it was posted from Melbourne?

Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

You're right - vidaXL.com are an international online retail/shopping company / dropshippers, importing for sellers claiming to be in Australia.

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

Yes, it does have a date stamp...............6 July 18

That's 11 days after it was supposedly sent from NSW.

Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

Just thought I'd give you guys the final update.

Just had a typing chat with Ebay and found out that feedback cannot be reinstated once it's been removed. They said they'll investigate this seller blah blah but I think we all know that's not going to happen.

So as usual, when you're honest and do the "right" thing (more like the stupid thing), you get dumped on.

Feebay seems to be very good at making buyers look for more honest selling sites.

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

@digger_man3 wrote:

Seeing as Ebay won't do anything about these fraudulent sellers, it's up to us buyers to "pay them back". Maybe then they won't try this so much.

Perhaps it's time for me (or should I say a "different" buyer) to order another item from this seller (said with evil grin LOL).

Perhaps you should read the link below, if you get caught doing it your accounts (and any other account from the same IP address) are likely to be shut down, as eBay see that as a serious policy breach. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-manipulation-policy?id=4231

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

I wouldn't expect anything less from them.

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

eBay would have to undo most of their policies from the last 5 years to level the playing field between buyer and seller.

It is tilted so far towards buyers these days that the only way a buyer can get shafted is if they don't utilise the tools given to them by eBay to shaft the seller.

Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

Not sure I agree with that.

In this case I'm the buyer.

A fraudulent seller mislead me so I had to wait 15 days to get my "local" item.

Then I don't get to leave any feedback about this seller, so they've completely got away with it and can do it to the nexts buyers. It's obvious Ebay are turning a blind eye to these sellers.

I did everything with honesty and who ended up getting shafted.

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply