Item not described accurately

I purchased a pair of white pants that were pictured within the description though no colour was described anywhere.  The pants have arrived but are brown and not white as per picture.  Seller has advised that I should of asked what colour they were before purchasing. She has now offered a full refund once I return the item to her and will repay my costs of the postage back.  

I have opened a case with ebay.

What do you suggest that I do?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Item not described accurately

Not professional at all englishrosegardens

You openly call customers, perhaps even "your" future customers "stupid" on a public forum.

Very poor taste to say the least.

I definitely will keep clear from your listings.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

If you have such a problem the way ebay operates, why do you sell on ebay? 

Hmmmmmmmmmm, very strange people here on ebay.

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

@better-investment-than-shares wrote:

If you have such a problem the way ebay operates, why do you sell on ebay? 

Hmmmmmmmmmm, very strange people here on ebay.

Take a look in the mirror bud!

Yes, yes there is..........

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Please read my new thread. Ive posted in both the buyers and sellers sections incase you still have one eye closed.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

@better-investment-than-shares wrote:

Please read my new thread. Ive posted in both the buyers and sellers sections incase you still have one eye closed.

Blatant discrimination! How did you know I only had one eye? I find it offensive that you are having a go at me because of my disability. Care to have a go at anything else about me? My skin colour or religion maybe?

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

take it up with management or start a new thread.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Back to the topic...

The pants look light beige to me.Woman Very Happy

How hard is it for a seller to put the colour in the listing for clothing items?.. not hard at all... it is an important item specific.

Sellers don't want any hassles after sale, then don't leave important info out of listings.

This seller is new to selling on eBay by the look of it (low feedback score).

One of their few fb during last  6mths  - Pleased with purchase. Not the colour in the photo though. Good Ebayer. (summer dress)

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

as someone who works with colors everyday of the week these pants are a beige color, not white , sure the seller should of put a color on the list ,but why would you buy them if you did not know the color , the seller is not ripping anybody off ,by the seller not putting a color probably cost her money , as it only got 1 bid. I know from experience colors can be a probllem with photos on the net ,but these pants would not even be an off-white , let alone white.   as pointed out the hanger is white in fact the pants are closer to the wall color ,which is a dark-beige .  but the seller offered a refund , so have a nice day.

p.s how can you claim [not as discribed when there was no color discription]mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Simple, because the photograph forms a substantial part of the description.
Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
Simple, because the photograph forms a substantial part of the description.

True, but if there was no size listed and someone said "they look like a size 10, so they must be a size 10", would anyone think an INAD was ok if they turned out to not be a size 10? 

I understand that colour is a little different since it's better visually represented, but if you can't clarify an important detail in the description, the best thing for any buyer to do is ask, since if nothing else, it will go a long way to ensure they're not disappointed by what they receive. 

I'm not suggesting the entire situation is the buyer's fault, BTW, if I were the seller and had listed like that for some reason, I would have accepted a return, but at the same time, if this was a PayPal case, the buyer would have almost certainly lost, as they note colour interpretations as one of those things not covered by Buyer Protection, which is in line with basic consumer laws. eBay is a bit of a different beast, as we all know, but their decisions quite often end up validating ideas they really shouldn't. 

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply