Item not received by collection point but marked as picked up

Hi members,

Am using eBay for more than 5 years, haven't had any problem. But the recent one issue am not getting help from anyone.

Here are the events:

03-02-2024 : I ordered an item and I opted for pickup from a hubbed store in Sydney NSW.

03-02-2024: on the same day of the order I Received email regarding the item is ready for pickup from eBay 

03-02-2024: same day of order I went to the  hubbed store as I received email. They searched for my package and said they didn't receive the item yet. And said item pick email was glitch email from eBay.

But eBay's 7 day countdown started from 03-02-2024 as the I received email for item is ready.

05-02-2024: Seller posted my item from QLd and updated Aus post tracking number to order.

10-02-2024: package is in transit as per Aus post tracking.

I went to the hubbed store as I received the final reminder email for pickup.

The hubbed store guy asked for pin and updated in the system and then searched the package. And said the store didn't receive the package. At this point I didn't know by entering the pin the status of package will be updated to picked-up in eBay system. I confronted him, asking why he updated the Status without handing over the packaage. I didn't get a proper response from him. But I got in email from store that they didn't handover the package to me.

On the same day I raised a case with eBay about this issue.

12-02-2024: Aus post tracking showed, the item has been delivered to some post box. I checked with the store, they keep telling it is with hubbed and the store is only a partner.

Since the item has been delivered, eBay closed my case without even giving me option to appeal. And eBay hasn't read my case properly. In the opened case I have clearly mentioned that hubbed store has marked the item has been picked without handing over the package. In the case  comment eBay said item has been delivered to supplied address hence they are closing the case. But I haven't receivedy item yet.

The problem here is I don't have option to raise issue abt the hubbed store. And eBay response is not clear as agents says they will raise with team.

Am trying to explain to different agents the same story and am helpless.

Not sure who can help or whether someone will help.

If anyone has gone through a similar situation, could they let me know what can I do in this scenario.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Was this from the dodgy seller in China who last left you fedback?

The agent is just typing replies from a pre-written script

Unlikely it will really be raised etc etc as that is the response everyone gets

You will be lucky if it does happen

Just as it would be lucky if your case was actually read by a human and not bot/AI 

Have you tried trying again and keep requesting a supervisor?

I would never use click and collect so can't help there 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Sandy, I think the seller is in Qld as OP says the parcel was posted in Qld on 5 Feb.

Plus I don't think Chinese sellers could offer pick up from a  hubbed store, though I could be wrong on that.

No buyer would go into the store for pick up on the same day as they ordered, not if they had ordered from China. In fact, it is totally unrealistic even from an Australian seller. I think those dates are key and OP needs to point them out, that ebay emails were saying pick up was ready when the order had only been made that day.

I am with you in that I think vasutdetchen needs to persist and get onto an ebay supervisor or a real person, at least.

OP says 

But I got in email from store that they didn't handover the package to me.

I think he needs to have a copy of that email that he can send to the ebay rep as evidence. Plus emphasize the date of order and the date of his first ebay email.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply