Ebay plus a joke

I know it's early days, but based on what I see, there is no way in hell I'll be paying for Ebay Plus. I buy a lot and have a large watch list and have noticed that the only sellers offering it.... are those that had free shipping already! lol and of course we know there is no such thing, it's factored in to the price.

So it's all a farce to get people to pay $29, $49 after the first year to get free shipping off sellers who offered it prior to Ebay PLus anyway. Not only single seller I use who charges postage now has the Plus. And here was the Ebay chief saying they were doing it to increase online shopping. Yeah whatever dude....

Message 1 of 127
Latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Ebay plus a joke

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It looks to me as though ebay has come to the end of ideas to squeeze sellers any more so they are going to start on buyers.

Not this little black duck!!

Message 2 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

It has got me stumped because buyers who choose it get free postage only on standard domestic postage but will have to pay for express postage.

The other thing that has me baffled is it has to be paid through PayPal or credit card,so here's my problem if the postage is just standard then how is the seller protected?

How does PayPal guarantee the seller protection when a buyer claims item not received due to the standard postage?

Are PayPal now going to guarantee for items not received?

If they do then that isn't fair as they don't now if the seller posts standard post.

So to receive all of these benefits a buyer needs to join.

Good luck recruiting ebay Woman Tongue

Message 3 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

Not only must the buyer join the scheme but they must PAY for the priviledge.  Yeah right.

Most of the Aussie sellers that I buy from offer free postage anyway.

Message 4 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

Yep and those that charged postage before, the ones we WANT to do Plus obviously, won't join. Complete waste of money!
Message 5 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

eBay Plus doesn't offer me something that I need.

I think - from a quick look - that it would be more appealing to buyers who have many issues and problems, and who want to return items more frequently than I would dream of doing. I'm trying not to say problem buyers... Oh my sainted Kartoffelsalat. I said it.

Message 6 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

I am convinced that somewhere in the back rooms of EBay there is a group of people trying their damnest to work out how to further screw up the EBay system - a system that really should be very simple and straight-forward.

I have had boss' like these people before: keep changing the system and process'  to create a smoke screen so that no-one can properly assess your performance.

To be sure, I find it difficult to believe these constant changes to the rules and regulations actually do translate into greater sales volumes, etc.

But then again, Hey Boss, look at all of the system changes I have made, you really do need to keep me around.

Message 7 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

This is new for me(taking ebay's side) but

If sellers go back to postage separated from the item then it will be good.

There are sellers selling what I do with postage separate and that gives them a price advantage over me presuming they are visable.

EbayPlus fee minus postage savings=lots over a year. (I am sure it won't work out that way after the honeymoon is over I can't see how any seller not offering Free Post will be in EbayPlus).

As for no free express on EbayPlus > only 12% of my buyers pay for express and usually they are WA,NT FNQ so same applies if you want express unfortunately you will have to pay for it.

Message 8 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

did anyone else do the ebay survey about ebayPlus a few months ago.

If you did then you are probably wondering>>>>>>Where is my free Google Home Mini for joining?

Message 9 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

Also if you have a buying and selling account then one Membership won't work.

eBay Plus members also receive exclusive selling offers, such as free listing and final value fee discount offers. Keep an eye on your eBay Plus membership page.

Message 10 of 127
Latest reply