Ebay plus a joke

I know it's early days, but based on what I see, there is no way in hell I'll be paying for Ebay Plus. I buy a lot and have a large watch list and have noticed that the only sellers offering it.... are those that had free shipping already! lol and of course we know there is no such thing, it's factored in to the price.

So it's all a farce to get people to pay $29, $49 after the first year to get free shipping off sellers who offered it prior to Ebay PLus anyway. Not only single seller I use who charges postage now has the Plus. And here was the Ebay chief saying they were doing it to increase online shopping. Yeah whatever dude....

Message 1 of 127
Latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Re: Ebay plus a joke

Ebay plus is just a way to squiz more profit for ebay. 

for $49 a year, ebay makes 100% profit from it, because ebay will not contribute to any shipping cost for the seller, so any item you buy with ebay plus, all the shipping cost is already in the purchase price. 

Not like Amazon Prime, the free shipping for prime member, Amazon does absorb the cost of shipping for prime member. 

Yes, $49 a year, ebay makes 100% profit from this fee, and contribute nothing to the buyer and seller. 

this is quite disgusting actually. 

Message 121 of 127
Latest reply

Strangely, they're not forcing anyone to use it.

Message 122 of 127
Latest reply

Ebayplus is the worst $50 I've ever spent on Ebay and among the worst money I have EVER spent. What a joke. I kept getting bombarded with some "Ebayplus members get $40 off your next spend" message right up until I joined up...never seen it again. I have never used Ebayplus since joining and probably never will. Way too many of the supposedly "free postage" items have already had the postage charge factored into a higher price. Total  rubbish item and seriously after nearly twenty years as an Ebay member feeling like chucking it in. As if the overseas shipping program totally neutering the value in buying from the USA hasn't been bad enough, I was stupid enough to pay for this!

Message 123 of 127
Latest reply

Yes eBay plus is a joke I have eBay Plus and I have to wait up to five weeks to get my parcel I have five parcels on still waiting on after two weeks I keep getting messages like we're sorry for the inconvenience if it doesn't arrive by April or if it doesn't arrive by February the 29th please come back and we will refund you what a joke eBay

Thinking about going to Amazon and buy my products a lot better servers

Message 124 of 127
Latest reply

@piperlee1 wrote:

Yes eBay plus is a joke I have eBay Plus and I have to wait up to five weeks to get my parcel I have five parcels on still waiting on after two weeks I keep getting messages like we're sorry for the inconvenience if it doesn't arrive by April or if it doesn't arrive by February the 29th please come back and we will refund you what a joke eBay

Thinking about going to Amazon and buy my products a lot better servers

And you grabbed a 5 year old post to tell us you are leaving.

At least Ebay plus is quicker

Message 125 of 127
Latest reply

Plus the other even older one they had the same thing on

Why wait 5 weeks?

If the estimated delivery date showed earlier, they open a dispute

If the estimated delivery date said 5 weeks away, zero reason to buy anyway and then complain

Twice

On ancient threads

Message 126 of 127
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 127 of 127
Latest reply