Ebay plus a joke

I know it's early days, but based on what I see, there is no way in hell I'll be paying for Ebay Plus. I buy a lot and have a large watch list and have noticed that the only sellers offering it.... are those that had free shipping already! lol and of course we know there is no such thing, it's factored in to the price.

So it's all a farce to get people to pay $29, $49 after the first year to get free shipping off sellers who offered it prior to Ebay PLus anyway. Not only single seller I use who charges postage now has the Plus. And here was the Ebay chief saying they were doing it to increase online shopping. Yeah whatever dude....

Message 1 of 127
Latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Ebay plus a joke

genzels
Community Member

Ebay has suspended my account for non payment of Ebay Plus $49.72 which I can't seem to cancel and was automatically deducted in August 2020. I contacted PayPal and requested a refund which I received now in September 2020 Ebay is attempting to get the funds again from PayPal however I've now removed automatic payments from PayPal by Ebay. I will be cancelling my Ebay account as I hope many others will as Inoticed this is happening to many others. It's a rort Ebay please stop!!

Message 111 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

I'm not cancelling my eBay account on your say so. I doubt any others will either.

Message 112 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

That would be a pain to have that happening, why not get in touch with ebay, maybe through their online chat if that is available, not through email messages though. See if you can get it sorted.

Message 113 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

The original ebay Plus membership could not be cancelled after payment was deducted.

It had to be cancelled through the membership pages BEFORE the money came out.

Apparently there was such an uproar that the rules were changed and you can now get a refund but only by contacting ebay....not by opening disputes etc.

Of course ebay is going to try to recoup the funds tht they re owe because you have not cancelled the Plus membership.

Unless you do the cancellation properly you may well find ebay will send in the debt collectors as they are entitled to do, even if your ebay account is closed.

Message 114 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

tonyfez
Community Member

Ebay are trying to keep up with Amazon Prime and failing.

I always check Amazon first because their shipping times are amazing.

And even if they are not next day, they'll garantree a shipping time that is accurate.

Ebay is full of drop shippers pretending they are local.

Message 115 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

So you resonded to a 3 year old thread to add  nothing.

The simplest solution is Do Not Sign Up for eBay Plus - Problem Solved

Message 116 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

I wish I had read this thread before falling for the piece of **bleep** service that is eBay plus. Unfortunately, like the majority of people, we only check for these problem-solving forums whenever there are problems...
I subscribed to ebay+ a little over a year, and it seemed like an ok decision since they offered me $30 worth of credit for about the same amount for the subscription. 
I didn't even use it ONCE. As described by previous users here, basically, the products you want are not ebay+ participants or they would offer free shipping either way.
The problem started when I received an email from Paypal advising an automatic payment had been done to Ebay for $48.99 to renew my subscription for ANOTHER YEAR!
I blamed myself for the stupidity of not canceling this dreadful service soon enough. Nevertheless, I raised a complaint with Paypal demanding my money back under the fact I was not aware of this automatic deduction.
Long story short, Paypal didn't act in my favor and ask me to talk to eBay directly.
I went into the chatbox with eBay and the rep told me that since I requested the cancelation and refund just one day after the automatic renewal, I was able to get a full refund! (Happy Days.... ?) Well not quite...
eBay rep said I had to wait 15 days until the new billing cycle for my request to be actioned. 
15 days exactly later, I contacted them again, but this time they said that the system still didn't allow them to do the refund, so I had to try again later.
on the 16th day I contact them again and after a prolonged wait chatting with the rep, they finally managed to action the refund and told me to wait up to 5 days for the money to be returned.
On the 21st day (5 days after the last chat) I still didn't have my money, so I contacted them again. This time they said the wait was any time from 5 to 10 days....
I demanded proof of the refund had been done, but the rep could only "Assure me" that it was done, and that I had to "trust them" (what a joke!)
So this is me, writing on this forgotten thread on day 25th, still waiting for my refund to get to my account... 
I just wanted to share my experience with this company, that I'll be quite happy to see disappearing from this earth in no more than a few years

Message 117 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

So you admit it was your fault that you failed to cancel, and now want to complain that you are having to wait for a refund.  Be happy they have offered to give your money back for your mistake.

Message 118 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

If you don't cancel before renewal time, they won't refund.

You needed to be on top of it.

Message 119 of 127
Latest reply

Ebay plus a joke

I do agree with you that that is poor service.

It sounds to me as if you have been told by numerous reps that you could be refunded in the circumstances. (as it was only one day over when you first contacted them). That being the case, they should have followed through in a timely manner.

Some years back, we had an Ancestry account that automatically ticked over to a very high subscription rate and were able to cancel it a few days after finding out. The refund was quick & on the spot. So some companies do do it, if you are within hours or a couple of days of the new subscription.

It isn't an automatic 'given' though and I have found just about every company now has this clause where if you get a subscription at a discount rate, it 'automatically' rolls over into renewals forever till you intervene. Pays to watch it and keep the dates in a  diary and apply for cancellation well before.

Personally I have never signed for ebay plus as my experience has been the same-that most of the small things I buy don't seem to be ebay plus items anyway. For it to really work, ebay would need to have a lot more items on board.

Message 120 of 127
Latest reply