Item removed from eBay after I purchased

This happened to me couple of times now, and eBay would not tell me why.  Considering that couple of the items were electrical (lava lamp cord and fitting) I was bit concerned, but my items arrived and seem to be fine.  So what is this about?  The seller is still selling thousands of other items, and identical items are available from other sellers.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Are there any bad reviews regarding those items?

Do the items comply with AU safety?

Might have been proven to be a dangerous item?

Just making some suggestions but I may be wrong?

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Could be you bought the last one that seller had. 

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

No, it was not the last one; I got a message from eBay like this:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

There is also no way to leave feedback. 

When this happened to the electrical cord I called eBay because I thought it might be dangerous, but they said they cannot tell me due to privacy laws.  If there is something dangerous about the item, I would think they would have a duty to let us know. 

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I coud not see any reviews about it, but that does not mean anything, they sell hundreds of items daily.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Is it possible it is a copy of a design held by someone else, hence maybe reported by copyright owners ?

But they would be constantly listing again if selling hundreds and eBay would restrict that.

image host
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks.  That might be the case with my last item(s).  It was a set of 3 frypans.  Like these (the pic is from another seller), but there is something going on; when I put in search blue stone coated frypans, I got whole list, but when I clicked on them none were there;  only this one listing could be accessed.  wonder how long that will be valid.

But the lava lamps cords are still everywhere. 

Capture.3.JPG

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction

Had this happen to me 3 months ago. The seller was no longer a member of ebay. I hadnt received the item and still waiting for a complete refund

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@*kazumi* wrote:

No, it was not the last one; I got a message from eBay like this:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

There is also no way to leave feedback. 

When this happened to the electrical cord I called eBay because I thought it might be dangerous, but they said they cannot tell me due to privacy laws.  If there is something dangerous about the item, I would think they would have a duty to let us know. 

I got this message about a CD or DVD (I forget which).  I'd already paid and the seller posted the item and it was fine.  The original listing was gone but a variation was back on the seller's site with no issues (and it's still there).

If the item was dodgy or illegal or against copyright or whatever, I'd have thought eBay would have more to say than the sale should process as normal.  It was all very puzzling.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

years ago i got the same after buying and paying for a dvd set.

got a full refund too!

then the item arrived.

i think the dvds were a chinese knock-off set.

so i left it at that.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply