Just for fun. Anyone beat record of 47 negatives in a row wihout being an unregistered seller IN Aus

Just a fun exercise but a seller I am now following in Australia now has 47 negatives in a row, in over a week and getting bigger every day, and ebay has not yet unregistered them. I would be interested if anyone has known of a seller in Australia to ever beat that. I know some in China maybe can overall have a higher number, but not in  a row.

(Yes I am among the buyers from them but paypal will refund me soon -quicker than going via ebay, so no worries there)

Really just want to know if this is an Australian record holder out of curiosity. Thanks 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Just for fun. Anyone beat record of 47 negatives in a row wihout being an unregistered seller IN Aus

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Nah.  I don't think it's a record for an Aussie account

Looks like it was hijacked to me.  It's still at 95.6%,  not so bad yet.

There was an account, last year I think, where something had happened to the seller and the negs just rolled in.

Ebay really dragged their heels on that one.  Think they had more than 47 negs.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Is this sellers previous feedback positive if so then perhaps something might have happened to this seller as we already know some sellers have passed away.

You should contact ebay and let them know something might have happened to them? 

Unless it's a scam who knows then you need to treat it as a concern for the sellers wellness?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Darn cramps in my fingers lol

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Stawks I know of at least 2 accounts that were brought to the attention of boardies where there were hundreds of negatives rolling in and ebay sat on their hands and did nothing.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

At least OP is getting their money back.

Others won't realise that they can too.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Ebay were told over a week ago then I tried again some days later. They will not contact seller as it is harassing them - I would have it as common courtesy and trust and safety myself. This seller is wise as they had a 20 day posting time, then after selling 100's changed their feedback to private as soon as they received the first negative. 

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Nah.  I don't think it's a record for an Aussie account

Looks like it was hijacked to me.  It's still at 95.6%,  not so bad yet.

There was an account, last year I think, where something had happened to the seller and the negs just rolled in.

Ebay really dragged their heels on that one.  Think they had more than 47 negs.

Just curious. How did you get to see which seller?

I looked up justcruising's feedback left for others as I thought I would see a neg and trace it that way, but no luck.

It sounds odd to me that someone, if they had previously been a reliable seller, would suddenly accumulate 47 negs in a row.

It has to be either a hijacked account, a seller who has had something happen to them or else a well organised & timed scam.

What I can't understand is ebay refusing to contact the seller and citing a privacy issue. There is obviously a problem so why don't they contact the seller first to try to work it out-that is what they always advise buyers to do!

It's not harrassment, it is common sense.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

It's the first name on his followers list.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I meant his following list - and it's the only name.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply