Less Sellers due to Managed Payments?

I have a list of Saved Sellers that I have bought from a number of times - some are definite favourites. 

I have't checked some of them for quite a while but tonight I went through them all and noticed that five of them haven't sold anything for over 12 months and another one (reliable - 100% feedback) is now deregistered.  It's not as though I have a huge list so this is rather unusual.

I'm wondering if eBay's new Managed Payments is to blame, and they've given up selling.

Anyone else noticed Saved Sellers that are no longer selling?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Less Sellers due to Managed Payments?

I am one of many I know that have ceased selling due to the introduction of Managed Payments or removed listings due to fear of out-of-pocket loss due to postal delays &/or automatic refunds. Managed Payments was initially launched in USA in 2018. eBay's CEO, Jamie Iannone, gave a keynote address at the eBay Open seller conference in USA in August 2021 [3 years after launch] stating "our team has been listening carefully to our seller community about what needs to change and working hard to make improvements....eBay will also be making changes with regard to Managed Payments based on seller feedback to give sellers more flexibility and control" > any changes to Auctions will not occur until 2022.  Why would eBay release their 2021 Spring Seller Update stating "was written in collaboration with eBay sellers" if their transition was going smoothly.  There are too many ongoing technical glitches with a revamped platform & too many members unaware of nuances of eBay's new way of trading. Members are still posting comments like "what to do when ebay breaks its own policies?", "the recent changes are probably the poorest I have ever seen in regard to a functioning business alter processes for the worse", "why eBay fails on so many levels" or "I am in full agreement with this comment as ebays corporate greed escalates". Many contributors to these Community Boards keep a positive attitude towards helping others, yet sadly I won't be rushing back to sell (despite having 27 followers left).

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Less Sellers due to Managed Payments?

Sadly, I've lost favourite sellers and i wondered if managed payments was the cause. 

Some are still on eBay but as buyers only. Some have jumped to other selling platforms.  Some I haven't been able to locate at all...sigh.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply