List of dodgy sellers? Items not received...

I think I've been had.

I ordered and paid for a battery grip for my camera, it was missing a piece and the seller asked for photos, which I sent and they agreed to send the missing piece.  Sure enough a throw away battery cover was sent - obviously NOT the replacement piece.  I contacted them again and they said they'd send out the package straight away, sorry for the mistake!  new guy! - it has not turned up..... these stalling tactics have meant I don't have a leg to stand on with regards to paypal or with feed back on ebay.

I also purchased a second item from another company which has also not turned up, they of course have said they have resent it  but I can see the whole thing happening again.

Here's some of the excuses:

Out of office reply - (usually a national holiday is imminent)

Product lost in the mail - don't worry we'll resend it

Have you checked the post office?

Sorry!  New guy in despatch sent the wrong item...

Happy to send a replacement but send us photos .....

They are alway polite and full of promises.

I'm wondering where you can leave a record of these dodgy transactions?  It has definitely put me off using ebay as it appears to be home to these dodgy sellers.  Its a shame because I've not had this trouble in the past.  I know I know you can lodge a compaint with paypal but seriously I'd rather buy from someone reputable, these dishonest traders make it difficult for everyone!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Experience has taught me that the quickest way to get possible "dodgy" sellers to respond is to open a paypal dispute within the 45 day limit.. It is often surprising what happens when you do. 

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

Exactly an do it within that time frame as it's your money you stand to lose in the long run if you don't.

Don't let the dodgies win fight the A!! Holes

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Once bitten twice shy - will definitely be more vigilant inthe future. This sort of stuff ruins it for everyone, the buyers and the reputable sellers.
Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Absolutely I am now sticking with the reputable sellers that I know will deliver, all the best to

you with any purchase you make in the future 🙂

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Of course every buyer and seller who complains about another member on facebook is absolutely genuine. The same unscrupulous sellers who use the delaying tactics would never put in false comments about their rival sellers and those buyers who have their buying curtailed because they have received strikes would never bag the sellers who gave them the strikes!

No way would I believe even a quarter of anything said on facelessbook or any other social networking site.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

I dont have any of em waste of time  (social networking sites)

an i have not had issues with other sellers but only the one Im dealing with now!!

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

No way would I believe even a quarter of anything said on facelessbook or any other social networking site.

we agree PJ .... that is why I don't believe what a number of regular private poster IDs  post on these facelessness boards too.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

So you agree when it suits your paradigm?

That's how i read your response.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

course every buyer and seller who complains about another member on facebook is absolutely genuine. The same unscrupulous sellers who use the delaying tactics would never put in false comments about their rival sellers and those buyers who have their buying curtailed because they have received strikes would never bag the sellers who gave them the strikes!

No way would I believe even a quarter of anything said on facelessbook or any other social networking site-PJ

Of course you can get dodgy feedback or dishonest comments on any site, including ebay.

And you get people who are being honest by their lights but who are a bit unreasonable.

What it comes down to on all the forums, whether ebay or productreview or FB, is you have to try to read between the lines and get a feel for what is genuine.

Sometimes you can suss out when someone from a company goes in to improve the rating of their own product-the new member date, the fulsome praise, they sort of stand out at times.Smiley Tongue

But often when someone has a genuine complaint and they go into detail, it shines through.

Maybe not always, but often.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

User: REMOVED is not to be trusted. I bought because they used the flag of my country in their ad. I realised after that it was going to take more then a month to arrive. Emailed for a refund but they refused.

It gets worse....

I never recive the item so send an angry email asking for a refund and leave bad feedback. They go onto say "We will refund you if you change your feedback to good feedback". I reply that the feedback is there to help buyers avoid people like them and I wont be changing it.

Last reply I got was basically "Have a happy new year"

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply