List of dodgy sellers? Items not received...

I think I've been had.

I ordered and paid for a battery grip for my camera, it was missing a piece and the seller asked for photos, which I sent and they agreed to send the missing piece.  Sure enough a throw away battery cover was sent - obviously NOT the replacement piece.  I contacted them again and they said they'd send out the package straight away, sorry for the mistake!  new guy! - it has not turned up..... these stalling tactics have meant I don't have a leg to stand on with regards to paypal or with feed back on ebay.

I also purchased a second item from another company which has also not turned up, they of course have said they have resent it  but I can see the whole thing happening again.

Here's some of the excuses:

Out of office reply - (usually a national holiday is imminent)

Product lost in the mail - don't worry we'll resend it

Have you checked the post office?

Sorry!  New guy in despatch sent the wrong item...

Happy to send a replacement but send us photos .....

They are alway polite and full of promises.

I'm wondering where you can leave a record of these dodgy transactions?  It has definitely put me off using ebay as it appears to be home to these dodgy sellers.  Its a shame because I've not had this trouble in the past.  I know I know you can lodge a compaint with paypal but seriously I'd rather buy from someone reputable, these dishonest traders make it difficult for everyone!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

You are not allowed to name and shame on the boards doubtless the seller's name will be removed soon by the moderators.

Some of the members here also wish that old threads like this were blocked so they can't be resurrected.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

This one is a year newer than the one in selling.

I was tempted to tell the bumper what the fix is, but I decided that since they didn't ask (in a new thread, or at least a relevant one) they weren't interested in remedies.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Sorry I don't know how to use these forum type things...just wondering if there is an actual list of bad sellers??
Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@amazonroads wrote:
Sorry I don't know how to use these forum type things...just wondering if there is an actual list of bad sellers??

In a word, no there isn't - all you can do is carefully look at the sellers negative/neutral feedback, and revised feedback (and note where they are registered there). Generally speaking any large-volume seller with less than 99.5% feedback should raise red flags for you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Had Seller not post an item, When I challenged this seller as to where my item was, the response was I don't work on Weekends.. yet item was paid for 5 days earlier and it was after the end of delivery date stipulated delivery period had ended. So I opened a dispute with Paypal...  Also I ripped theads out of this seller stating, I know all the stalling tacics employed by dodgy sellers an demanded a refund. As I left negative feed back this seller then demanded that I change this to positive B4 a refund would be issued. I contacted eBay about this message, I explained my case. A Seller can not ask A Buyer to change Feed back left... This seller went ahead an posted the item after the contractual selling agreement had expired an only after eBay stepped in However I refused the item sent it back on princible as I will not support dodgy sellers ( I did finally get my refund. ) then I recieved yet another message from this seller which stated this message. >> I want you to change your feed back to positive <<... So I contacted eBay. this seller has over 106 negative feed back in 12mths,, most state >> that items aren't recieved << an seller resent though item still wasn't recieved by these buyers.. Why does eBay keep sellers accounts open if they continuially do the wrong thing by buyers???.. As in one month this same seller has recieved more than 11 negative feedbacks for the similar issues.. Hoping this Seller does have conditions applied the Sellers account. these conditions can be that >> a seller pays more fees to eBay each time he sells an item.<<  Most sellers are excellent... though people being people eBay can't control the selling practices of these dodgy sellers , My advise is to buyers do not change your opinion in your feed back.. A Seller is in breach of eBays Selling policy in asking or trying to swayed you to change feed back in messages .. Report this behaviour so eBay, can know who these dodgy sellers are.. Remember if you purchase a item that is a binding contual agreement between you and a seller, that you pay for the item and the seller sends the item within the set a time period of which the item is to be recieved.. After that delivery time period is passed you are no longer bound by that sales agreement and you have every right to file a dispute of items not recieved for a refund. If Seller does post item after the end date of delivery there is no legal binding contractual sales agreement.  You are able to refuse the item and file a dispute for a refund..  Stick it to these Dodgy Sellers.. So check your states/ countries internet and  consumer sales laws and jam this info to these dodgy sellers.. Know your rights,, do your research. I hope this was helpful to those that do not know their rights.. Also read the ebay Buyer & Sellers policy, educate yourself about the guide lines buyers & Sellers Must abide by.. Good luck people

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

sorry, but I didn’t read more than two lines of your post.

Just a helpful hint for posting on these boards . . . . . you will get a lot more help/replies if you use paragraphs with a line space between paragraphs.

Many posters on these boards are ‘older’ members (self included), and large slabs of text are not something I/they will tackle.

If your post had no paragraphs but was only 5 lines long it wouldn’t be a problem, but 20+ is just too long.

Another tip, look at the date the first or Opening Post was made and avoid responding to those started many years ago . . . . . in this case 2013.  The post you have replied to is more than 6 years old.  Before you posted, all but two of the posts were made more than 2 years ago.

You may get more responses if you start a new thread.

Spoiler
I have tried to show how to post with paragraphs . . . . . where the post is broken down into distinct points using paragraphs AND line spacings.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

You did the right thing & I am glad you didn't give in to those bullying tactics.

If a seller has not posted anything and you have to open an item not received claim, you are entitled to leave negative feedback and I can imagine that his messages to you demanding you change it only enraged you further. As for telling you that you could only get a refund if you changed feedback, what a lot of nonsense.

Most sellers on ebay are fine but it does sound as if this one you struck does need some intervention on his account by ebay. At the very least, after you contacted them to show the messages, they should have sent him a warning that such messages were in contravention of policy.

I don't know that your post here will help a lot of people as there are only a smallish number who use the boards & because we get to read up on various topics, we are probably fairly aware of some of the basic procedures. 

But your negative feedback may serve as a warning to other buyers, although his bad record did not seem to put you off buying.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply