List of dodgy sellers? Items not received...

I think I've been had.

I ordered and paid for a battery grip for my camera, it was missing a piece and the seller asked for photos, which I sent and they agreed to send the missing piece.  Sure enough a throw away battery cover was sent - obviously NOT the replacement piece.  I contacted them again and they said they'd send out the package straight away, sorry for the mistake!  new guy! - it has not turned up..... these stalling tactics have meant I don't have a leg to stand on with regards to paypal or with feed back on ebay.

I also purchased a second item from another company which has also not turned up, they of course have said they have resent it  but I can see the whole thing happening again.

Here's some of the excuses:

Out of office reply - (usually a national holiday is imminent)

Product lost in the mail - don't worry we'll resend it

Have you checked the post office?

Sorry!  New guy in despatch sent the wrong item...

Happy to send a replacement but send us photos .....

They are alway polite and full of promises.

I'm wondering where you can leave a record of these dodgy transactions?  It has definitely put me off using ebay as it appears to be home to these dodgy sellers.  Its a shame because I've not had this trouble in the past.  I know I know you can lodge a compaint with paypal but seriously I'd rather buy from someone reputable, these dishonest traders make it difficult for everyone!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Hi! eBay is quite ok if you follow the guide lines!

You have 45 days in which to open a paypal dispute.

Take advantage of the buyer proctection that is offered.

Be proactive!

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

That's true but the delaying tactics suck you in and by then it's too late.... That was my point.
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Unfortunately some of the dodgy sellers are also high volume ones (I've had the same experience) so it would probably take many many 100s of people getting the same treatment to make a dent in their sales or for eBay to give them the chop.

It's the same with sellers whose stuff breaks down outside the 45 day period.  They promise a replacement and don't deliver.  Even if you leave follow up feedback, it gets buried in the hundreds of entries since you made the purchase.

They sure do need to be reported but I suppose nothing will be done about them.  Since buyers can't block sellers, I keep a list of all the sellers I've bought from who have be less than satisfactory (with a note on what I'd purchased) under the Saved Searches tab - I call it 'The Shame File' so I can check any name that may be familiar.  You can make quite a long list under Notes. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

@dorksrgr8 wrote:
That's true but the delaying tactics suck you in and by then it's too late.... That was my point.

easy solution.

open the dispute no matter what they say, only YOU can allow yourself to be sucked in..... it is all up to you

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Friday glitches there

Are you guys aware that there is a facebook page for bad ebay sellers and another for buyers?

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

dlh1970
Community Member

I too have been had and believe others who bought the same item (Disney Princess Bed) have also been had, I am currently going through the process of a claim with PayPal as the seller has not replied at all as to why the item was not delivered an don't think they will reply at all to anything anyone sends them (PayPal) so obviously they want to be a dodgy seller until caught out at buyers exspence Hope others have paid through Paypal and get on the resolution process ASAP as they wont get what they paid for but hope money is refunded to all the unfortunate buyers 🙂

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

No I didn't! Good idea though!
Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

That's a great idea.... Ill do it too. Ill also go back to reliable merchants ive used before and buy from them. Reward good practice!
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply