bof2814-0
Community Member

I went to buy some craft items and found this item 182357699136 I cannot understand why seller insists on saying he is in Darwin when he is in Malaysia and most of his negs are slow or no delivery. I have reported it to e-bay but will not hold my breath.I searched by Australia only and lowest price and postage and first 11 hits were in Asia all with low feedback percentages mainly due to delivery problems, cannot help thinking honesty would be best policy for these sellers.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

No consideration for genuine Darwin sellers.

Their account is registered Malaysia and probably say they have stock in Darwin.

But as you have seen by their feedback that's more likely a lie.

image host
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Another thing I find amazing! with 98% feedback people here in oz are still buying from them

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

I found what I needed for $2 more from an Aussie seller but I spent 15 minutes looking through the Asian sellers to find it.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Darwin must sound more ''aussie'' than say, Sydney. Beats me why they would have a wharehouse in the Northern Territory anyway, surely they would have minimal sales there compared to the other states. One would imagine Sydney or Melbourne would be the favored locations. Just proves they are full on liars. Even the ones who list Sydney/ Melbourne are most likely lying also, why would they not say the suburb as the local sellers do. Ebay will let them run with the lies, too much money involved to upset the big ticket sellers. What I now do with them, it the item is not with me within the promised timeframe, I instantly open a case, that gets them interested pretty smartly.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Article may say location of Darwin, but a couple of items I checked could not be sent "post free" from withing Australia as the price of the item is cheaper than the minimum post cost by AusPost.

For example, item #172479815392 is priced at $3.56 post free, yet the minimum postage cost would be a 500gm Ebay satchel @ $7.40.  This proves the item is not in a "warehouse' in Darwin, but shipped in from overseas.  With the shipping cost subsidised by the Australian taxpayer under the International Mail Agreement of the Universal Postal Union.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I agree that there's probably no warehouse in Darwin, however,

that item number you quoted at $3.56, can be sent as a large letter at $2 - not parcel rate

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

As per the iem description for the listing: "Package size:152x210x59mm"

Ths maximum thickness for a letter (large or small) is 20mm.  Therefore the subject item must be sent as a parcel.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

@2015-jacki wrote:

Another thing I find amazing! with 98% feedback people here in oz are still buying from them

To a casual buyer, 98% probably sounds pretty good.

In most things in life, 98% would be a great score.

Even on ebay, I have bought from new sellers with lower scores than that & they have been fine, just brought down by one vindictive or unreasonable buyer.

But if i see the same sort of neg feedback popping up over & over, even if the score is over 98%, I take it into account.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Pdme you'd be surprised how many 500g or bigger parcels I get from within Australia with either a couple of $1 stamps on them or no stamps st all.

They must chance it and hope for the best. Aus post makes so much they don't worry about enforcing the odd oversize/underpaid parcel that's dropped in a postbox. A fact further reinforced by the frequency at which large letters with 3 or 4 stamps on them arrive without postmarks.
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply