Lost items with Aust Post.

Hi all, appears to be some confusion regarding who has to wear it when items are lost with Aust Post. I have lodgement receipts, and tracking shows the items have gone through Sydney, but thats where they stop, according to the tracking. I don't wish for my buyers to be giving me a neg, if I have to refund, I will. Aust Post have emailed me with their results of my two cases open with them, and they have requested values of the items, and the postage costs involved. I believe they may offer some type of payment when they lose items, but it probably wont cover the full value. It is a joke that we sellers really need to insure items in case they lose them. I mean, why should we pay extra, on top of the skyrocketing postage costs, to cover them for not doing their job and losing stuff. This is three items they have lost with me, in two weeks. A joke.

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

Re: Lost items with Aust Post.

What in the name of hell do you mean by that? Making a statement like that, and then acknowledging that it could get deleted means you know you are crossing the line, but going to do it anyway. I do purchase quite a bit, yes, we live well away from the shops, being 120k round trip just to buy food supplies, as for selling, it is mainly musical, model trains and sometimes electronic bits left over from my business of over 40 years. I cant see a crime in that. ''Agressive buyer, reluctent seller'' ???? What's that got to do with you what I buy and sell anyway? Give it a break.

Message 31 of 70
Latest reply

I don't care how long you've been in business I proved my point that you did have a cry about not getting negative feedback from the buyers as it's there in black and red.

If you're trying to get out of it by saying that it's nothing then you're a fool.

I can see that you said it so can everyone else who reads it.

I'd have more sympathy for you if you didn't start the other thread and I came across this one only but you have double standards and if you don't get what you want either way you then have a cry.

Message 32 of 70
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:

Actually, I just go down the main page and find any that have new comments I haven't yet read.

I wish there was an option to search only for those, it would make it so much easier.

You can subscribe to the DB's (not the AC's) under the "board options" and get email notifications of any new posts.

Thanks padi - yes I know about that, but really don't want to get any more emails than I already do.

I just like to browse the boards when I'm feeling a bit lazy and read anything new that catches my attention.

Appreciate the help, though. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 70
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

"You must have a very bad memory lol as in your opening post you were crying about those buyers of yours not giving you a neg."

I would really like to see where you can quote the OP as having said what you have posted here.

Maybe I need to go to Spec Savers...idk

"And yes what a smart **** I am haha"

Well...you're half right about that.

You need to wake up to yourself mate as in OPs opening post have a really close read of it seriously you must be blind mate

I may be blind but I have a cute earing.

I have read the OP several times & it does not state the OP is " crying about those buyers of yours not giving you a neg."

Perhaps you need " a really close read of it".

Message 34 of 70
Latest reply

I've got 2 cute earings and yes you're blind 

Message 35 of 70
Latest reply

WOW you had a post removed which showed that you had a dig at OP and now you're turning a blind eye is it because you're both from the central west? Perhaps chummy neighbours haha I think sooooooooooooooooooo

Message 36 of 70
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I've got 2 cute earings and yes you're blind 

I must be...still can't see where the OP is crying as you stated.

I know you think that you have supplied proof (to yourself) but it is a flimsy as your non existent proof of motor bike auction shilling.

If I don't understand something I put my hand up & admit it...YMMV

Message 37 of 70
Latest reply

So you still can't see where he says I don't want my buyers giving me a neg put your **bleep**en glasses on mate hahaha.

Just because the word crying isn't written down to me it is crying and mate that buyer for that motor bike never paid and the rest of the bidders knew it was a scam so they never bothered to bid any more.

OP was set on throwing the seller he purchased from under the bus and now that the shoe is on the other foot he's crying that his buyers don't give him a neg simple as that.

Message 38 of 70
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

So you still can't see where he says I don't want my buyers giving me a neg put your **bleep**en glasses on mate hahaha.

Just because the word crying isn't written down to me it is crying and mate that buyer for that motor bike never paid and the rest of the bidders knew it was a scam so they never bothered to bid any more.

OP was set on throwing the seller he purchased from under the bus and now that the shoe is on the other foot he's crying that his buyers don't give him a neg simple as that.

I'm sure that the OP (like most sellers) is not crying that "his buyers DONT give him a neg"...most would be upset when they DO receive a neg.

If a seller did not supply an item in a timely manner I too would be unhappy...the OP received a refund which would indicate that the  item did not arrive...if PayPal provided a courtesy refund that is immaterial.

Message 39 of 70
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

[...]

I, like all sellers would not like getting negs from buyers. Especially when it's Aust Post who causes the neg. I dont have any on my Ebay account, and don't want any, at any cost, even if it means me refunding from my own pocket. I was in business for over 40 years, with a very large customer base, so I do know a thing or two about customer relations.

audistarelectronics, I realise that negative feedback (especially if it is unwarranted or unfair) isn't pleasant. I am a little worried, though, by your mention that you don't want any "at any cost".

There are some bad buyers around whose behaviour is not only aggravating, but in some cases criminal. I wouldn't like to see a seller so concerned about a potential negative that the seller refunds that buyer - in effect rewarding bad behaviour. I am not an eBay seller; however, other sellers on these boards have mentioned that a negative very often has nothing like the impact on a seller's account that one might imagine. In fact, with a well-worded reply, the negative can actually highlight a seller's reasonableness and the absurdity of the buyer in question.

You'll probably have seen many buyers come to these boards, posting about a horrible buying experience. In all too many cases, I and other eBay members posting here will be able very easily to ascertain that the seller from whom such a buyer has purchased has frankly awful feedback comments, a low feedback percentage, and (often) red flags that would dissuade any sane person from buying from them... yet buyers continue to do so!

I should also mention that I've bought from sellers who have received negatives... Sometimes those negs seem to me to be trivial or mistaken, sometimes they appear to have been justified, but the seller's response gives me confidence in their ability to act fairly to fix an issue. Sometimes negatives can't be avoided, and there are certainly some people who just love to wield their virtual gavel, even though they're not court-appointed judges...

Were I an eBay seller, I think that there would be occasions where I'd rather wear a negative than submit to implicit blackmail from an unreasonable buyer. But I realise that every seller will (and of course should) run their business in their own way, with their own perspective, so this is just a viewpoint that you may want to consider (or reject)...

Message 40 of 70
Latest reply