Lost postal items appearing on eBay

So... I might be wrong...

i had had a package ‘lost’ from China in postage. Only to see that exact item appear in an eBay store in chullora NSW (the same suburb items from China come through to my location, according to the tracking info I have seen time and time again) 

In this store, many if not all items are marked as ‘last one’ and the range is very very diverse. It looks suspiciously like someone is stealing items out of the postal service at the chullora stage and just reselling them locally, knowing full well that PayPal will reimburse the buyer, and the seller, being in China, is too far away to do anything really about it.

As I said, I might be wrong but it looks really quite suspicious to me,...

ebay might want to compare missing items to this guys store, I reckon they might be in for a surprise... 

but I reckon whoever is doing it will ‘dissapear’ from eBay and reappear as a different seller before very long, as it would be next to impossible to accidentally stumble upon the same sort of resale of missing goods again...

I hope I am incorrect but I’ve had too many items just ‘lost in postage’ but they have to be going SOMEWHERE! And this looks a lot like a possible SOMEHWHERE to me. 

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@parachuter2006 wrote:
Well, opinions might differ.
I call it at least suspicious if the same seller needs multiple accounts for his business.
Your suspicions will not go down too well with the regular responders on the boards.  I think you will find that all the sellers here have multiple accounts and their buyers don't find it suspicious.

Ok, private listings then, still useless if you want to see the real deal.
I call it disguising negative feedback.
I could not agree more.  Private listings are fine when used for their intended purpose....they were originally to be used for items of a private nature like underwear and expensive collectibles.  These days the Asian sellers use them for just about everything.

The refund is still in progress, altough Paypal now states it will be finalised within a week.
Problem as stated was the different return addrss and as it turned out the fact that the seller used snail mail to ship the item back.
If Ebay clsed the case three weeks ago and Paypal worked on it till today then I call it a reasonably long wait.

Consiracy theories are all good and fun, too bad if cases show it is not all just theory.
As said doing this since ebay started as a free platform..
You have been on ebay with this account for less time than I have.....or do you have another account that is older than this one.  Oh, I forgot, you don't approve of members having more than one account.  I have 2 accounts but do not sell.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

In regards to multiple accounts I should have been more precise.
I don't mean to offend any legit seller with more than one account, far from it.
To be clear: I mean those that only use other accounts so they can ditch those going downhill through negative feedback.
Still I fail to see why some Asian sellers do this to fake a local appearance while shipping most if not all from overseas.

As for my account and although it should not matter:
I asked for the removal of my old account and created a new one when I moved from one side of the globe to the other.
It was the easiest solution at that time as down here I mainly use it as a buying but no longer as a selling platform.
Jobs and hobbies change when your life turns upside down literally 😉

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Haha I could name and shame many many sellers who have opened new accounts due to the one's they have receiving too many negative feedbacks,and I'm not one of them lol as I was booted off with 100% positive feedback lol anyhoo this practice isn't a new one it has been around as long as ebay lol.

But yes many legit sellers have more than one selling account,I do and many sellers that I buy from do but I don't think that they know that I know they have many accounts lol.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Kindly keep your expectations for others to follow your ethical standards to yourself...

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Are you admitting you are not ethical?    It certainly sounds like it.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Why?

I'm demonstrably ethical. If you aren't, that is an issue for you.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply