MAKE *AUSTRALIA ONLY* A DEFAULT SEARCH OPTION

The title speaks for itself. Enough said, peace.

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. 🙂

Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

Thankyou Gewens.

Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

The hungry masses don't read the boards. Nor do eBay. It has been reliably estimated that about 3% of members ever visit the boards, with maybe another 3% of lurkers. eBay aren't going to pay attention to 6% of members, especially on a forum they don't even visit.

Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

I have just logged in here, via my laptop. 

Good lord, its a whole different set up, in comparrison to the ipad ebay App version.

I've had a good look around and I can not find any lockable search features on this version... which is a shame. 

Although, the drop down boxes for making search choices, are handy and easily accessable in this version, so it not too bad. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

I am on a computer. Not a phone, not an ipad or laptop.

I can find the customise tab, no problem, but I cannot find anywhere I am offered lockable filters.

This is what I see:

ebay Screenshot 2022-11-30 074835.png

I can also find the section where I can set a search to Australia only, but it is only applicable to the searches I make at that time. If I log out and come back, it will have reverted back to 'default'.

If anyone can point me to the way to actually set Australia only to default permanently, that would be great.

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

Lockable filters are an app-only feature.

Although some aspects of search can be customized when using a desktop browser -- such as default sort order and number of items per page -- unfortunately Item location is not one of those features.

When searching using a desktop browser, the default item location is "Default" which typically shows items that can ship to your location within a certain amount of time -- that may include some international items, though not as many as when choosing the "Worldwide" item location option.

It is possible to create a sample search for items listed as being only located in Australia, and then bookmark or save that search to use as a starting point for further searches and to exclude items listed outside Australia that way, but this is awkward and cumbersome.

There is a third party browser add-on available for some common browsers (at least Chrome and Firefox) that is called "eBay item location -- my country only" which, once installed in your desktop browser, will override eBay's "default" item location and allow users to specify items in that country or region.

Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

I really hate ebay setup default as worldwide, every time I have to manually change to Australian only. Why can't ebay listen to ebayer to allow user to setup Australian only permanently?

Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

@jasgaret wrote:

I really hate ebay setup default as worldwide, every time I have to manually change to Australian only. Why can't ebay listen to ebayer to allow user to setup Australian only permanently?

I know it's a pain and it takes up so much of your day having to go through so many actions, but for me, it's one click. Voila! Less than half a second and it's done.

Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

Same here

Then again, I'm persnickety and actually really care who I am buying from

I don't think 'Australia only' guarantees the item *really* is in Australia . nor that the seller is (and even if they are, that them being registered here means they must be an honest and decent seller)

I would rather see their feedback page for myself me

Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

@jasgaret wrote:

So you have done a poll of all Ebay users,  and thats what they want, or is this just you deciding thats what we want.

Message 40 of 46
Latest reply