Misleading Titles

I'm annoyed at sellers who use a title and photograph which are not what is actually being sold.

It's misleading and it's a petty con.  Example: You have a picture of a complete motorcycle, and a title which reads: 

Suzuki gs500f *wrecking* complete bike  Then there's a very cheap price!

BUT the seller is NOT selling a complete motorcycle... the listing is actually for only a small part of that motorcycle (in this case the radiator, you have to read down in the product description to find this out).

In this case the seller should Title the Ad something like "Suzuki GS500f Radiator".

If the seller wants to sell parts from the bike he's wrecking it should be made clear that such is the case.

For example:

Wrecking Suzuki GS500f. Will separate. Enquire about parts available.

And have a buy it now or auction price for the whole thing.

There's one feller who's been doing this, but all he's ACTUALLY selling is a BOLT off the motorcycle!

Grrr!

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Misleading Titles

So report the listing, it is against policy to offer choice listings unless there is the option for multi variations.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

Reporting keyword abuse, misleading titles etc is largely a waste of time.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

No it's not

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

If you feel that a good result would be that very obvious violations reported early in the run of a listing would result in the listing being canceled then reporting them, in my experience,  will lead to dissapointment.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

Ah, but how is ebay to know a listing is against policy, if no-one

reports it.

Ebay relies on it's members to report such listings.

Having reported them, it is then up to ebay to do something.

Whether they do something or not is up to them

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

"Ebay relies on it's members to report such listings" . Ebay makes so many rules … . Then take the money and run … . Do not even police their own rules
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

@joolstacho wrote:

I'm annoyed at sellers who use a title and photograph which are not what is actually being sold.

It's misleading and it's a petty con.  Example: You have a picture of a complete motorcycle, and a title which reads: 

Suzuki gs500f *wrecking* complete bike  Then there's a very cheap price!

BUT the seller is NOT selling a complete motorcycle... the listing is actually for only a small part of that motorcycle (in this case the radiator, you have to read down in the product description to find this out).

In this case the seller should Title the Ad something like "Suzuki GS500f Radiator".

If the seller wants to sell parts from the bike he's wrecking it should be made clear that such is the case.

For example:

Wrecking Suzuki GS500f. Will separate. Enquire about parts available.

And have a buy it now or auction price for the whole thing.

There's one feller who's been doing this, but all he's ACTUALLY selling is a BOLT off the motorcycle!

Grrr!

Report the bejeezus out of them.  These people ruin eBay.

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

How's this one, 301097087975

Photo of white bear - beige colour in title, brown in quick description part & dark brown in the description proper.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Misleading Titles

@peridot55555 wrote:

How's this one, 301097087975

Photo of white bear - beige colour in title, brown in quick description part & dark brown in the description proper.

Personally I don't feel the bear listing is in the same league - the bear is beige, or atleast a cream/off white. It isn't white. Only the tummy and muzzle look like they might be paler/whiter. I think there would be more problems created if it was listed as white in the title - then recipients would complain their bear is not white, it is dirty and so on.

As for mention of brown (mistake?) in description, if you scroll down it says for color: look the picture

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply