Misleading title or I just wasn't carefull?

Hi guys

I saw an item with this title :

WeCooL PU Wood Case for Apple iPhone 4S Black Other Apple iPhone 4S Case

And I bought it, is an iphone 4s case as it says, the problem is that I thought it was made out of wood or had wood somewhere but when I got it, I found out it is just a rubber kind of material, with a sticker of a wood pattern on it!!!

Now in the description it says Material :other  so I assumed that by other meant that was wood with something else.

It costed me $30, keep in mind that usually cases range from $3 to $40 so a $30 case you'll expect it to be of some quality.

Theis first message was to tell me that the "PU" in the title means that it is plastic but there is no nomenclature where it tells you that or nowhere in the description says anything about plastic.

Now it seems I can't have a refund as I don't have the box anymore but the seller and I have to add this is good on them I have to admit, they contacted me straight away and offered to give me back $10.

I don't know if there is anything I can do to have a total refund or what as although the title is dodgy, they might be able to get away with it.

Any advice guys?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Misleading title or I just wasn't carefull?

I think you just weren't careful and didn't ask the right questions before buying. When something costs a bit more, unless I'm certain of what it is, I like to ask a question or two to be sure of what I'm buying. There are fakes around and some things just aren't described in enough detail, so it's worth asking.

Doing a quick Google search, casebuddy.com.au shows a similar product with this description:

----------

Wood Patter Flip Leather Apple iPad2 Case

This unique and elegant PU leather case for iPad 2 can protect your iPad 2 from scratches, dust, fingerprints, other daily damage and daily hazards element that may hurt your iPad 2. It is shock-absorbent, keeping your iPad 2 free from drops and bumps. Simple and elegant style while preventing scratches and dings without adding a lot of bulk.
A simple but elegant wood pattern hard case in a simple, slim design.
This wood pattern case for iPad 2 will provide full protection with its durable plastic design, and it won't add too much extra weight. This case is made of high quality polyurethane leather and plastic materials, which ensures the light weight and durability of this case.

----------

To me, that description is pretty conflicting. That's why it's good to directly ask a seller about what you want to know and not go just by descriptions.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

PU is a very common term these days for Poly-urathane leather (i.e. fake leather),  particularly when referring to handbags / wallets / jackets etc

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Personally I think it is misleading.

Also, the sellers listings never even load for me - there is no description etc showing in my browser. That has got to be THE worst listing I have ever seen - it started loading after about 5 minutes, but now it's vanished again!

Not sure where you get $30 from... the listings are $14.16

I just did a quick search - the seller of this one is a lot more honest...

Brown Wood Pattern Skin Back Hard Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4S 4

Did you even get to see the description of the item, or did you just go off the Item Title? The real wood cases are in 2 parts, and are generally made of Bamboo. But I can't even see the details about item that you bought so it's really hard to comment

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I think the title is misleading. It should have said something like wood-grain or print. There isn't much info in the description to confirm what material the case is made of.

Designed to fit the contour of mobile device precisely
Custom-fit, with open-face design for easy operation
Made of durable, smooth-to-touch & scratch-resistant material

the3coopers, the item is now listed at $18.16 but the OP paid $29.72.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Yeah, I bought a case a while ago that said it was wooden but it only had a thin layer of wood and it was way cheaper than this one, that's why I didn't check, til today I really never had any issues like that with the items I have bought, but well, I guess sooner or later had to happen so now I have to be more careful.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

The $30 dollars was the original price, the seller changed it a couple of days ago, I think now in the new description you can see a $29 slashed and the updated price.

There were no details besides the title and the small generic squares where you put the general info of the item, in there it was, maybe still is Material : Other. The main space for info is just filled with pictures that seriously don't do justice and just very very loose information like "it will fit great" or stuff like that.

I feel very dissapointed specially since honestly it is just a rubber case with a sticker on it, not even the new price is worth it.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

There is no info about the material besides the PU that appears after the brand in the title, I thought that PU was part of the brand name and when you see that it says Wood, not Wood pattern or as it should be on this case Wood picture on a sticker, and you see the price, you are led to believe that you are getting a wooden case.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

It might be very common in purses, bags, walltes, etc but just out of ethical reasons, it should be clear enough what kind of case it is.

I thought PU was part of the brand and if you read the title more than confusing, it is typed in such a way that leeads you to believe something that is not, and then they can wash their hands.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

You should ask the seller for a refund, and try to explain what the problem is. I realise that you might have already tried this.

Then leave them a Negative Feedback, making it extremely clear that the title is misleading and that you are not happy.

You may find that they refund you in exchange for revising the feedback - if so tell them that you will revise it after they refund... then maybe ummm... forget to do it.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply