Money back guarantee - Not true

I purchase an item that said one size fits all & when I asked the seller if it would fit a certain size, they said sure that is my size, but when I received the item it was way too small & because they had a no refund on that item I was stuck with it, Ebay would not step in & help, so 50 bucks down the toilet, it was obviously a few sizes smaller than she had stated, more like a kids one size fits all, so the guarantee from Ebay is just a pack of lies, so no more buying items that state a no refund policy, buyer beware

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How did the seller  have 'no refund' (and it mean something) ?

A seller can't just say that on a listing, it's not up to them and eBay will force a seller to refund if something is not as described

If something is not as described, you open a not as describe dispute

Why would eBay not step in?

Had you opened an item not as described dispute and escalated it within the time limit, they would have

'One size fits all' is about as accurate as 'free postage'

Buyer beware indeed 

In short

A listing cannot say 'no refund policy'  (and if it does, it is meaningless)

A 'no returns' policy is for change of mind only

In both cases, eBay will force the seller to refund for a faulty/damaged/ not as described item

IF the buyer opens a dispute 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your post is factually incorrect. Did you open a “not as described” case choosing the reason that it was not as described in the listing?

No. You didn’t. I’m betting that you chose “didn’t fit”. 

in your case, because it’s NOT THE SIZE THAT WAS DESCRIBED, you should have selected “not as described”.

It’s another thing entirely if you’d bought without asking if the “one size fits all” would fit your size. In that case, you’d be the one responsible.

Did you pay by PayPal? If so, you may still be able to be refunded under Buyer Protection in PatPal.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

How did the seller  have 'no refund' (and it mean something) ?

A seller can't just say that on a listing, it's not up to them and eBay will force a seller to refund if something is not as described

If something is not as described, you open a not as describe dispute

Why would eBay not step in?

Had you opened an item not as described dispute and escalated it within the time limit, they would have

'One size fits all' is about as accurate as 'free postage'

Buyer beware indeed 

In short

A listing cannot say 'no refund policy'  (and if it does, it is meaningless)

A 'no returns' policy is for change of mind only

In both cases, eBay will force the seller to refund for a faulty/damaged/ not as described item

IF the buyer opens a dispute 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You've been a member for more than 10 years, so I'm surprised you don't know that your money is only wasted if you don't bother using the tools that Ebay gives you.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

No refund -  Only applies to change of mind, you are still entitled to a return and refund if the item is not as described.

You needed to open an INAD case, and if the seller was not helpful you needed to request ebay step in as soon as permitted.

If you did not open a case and request ebay step in, then you have shot yourself in the foot.

The help Tab is always there, if you are not sure what you are doing

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Interesting the OP has opened Non Payment cases in the past, so they are aware of the process's available to them

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply