Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Am I being scammed? The seller deleted the account and tracking number was not detected in AP

Hi, I am still new to eBay and have recently purchased sports equipment from . I was quick to make the purchase and failed to realize that the account was just made and I was the only person to purchase that item. I paid by Paypal and the item was sa...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Misleading advertising, pricing to description

How is this allowed 6.0AH 18V Lithium Battery $33.50 Follow link and it defaults to 2.0AH battery for that price $33.50Use drop down boxes to select correct battery (6AH) as in title and its $48.50This is misleading and false advertising and ebay sho...

Doesn't post to Australia

why is it that more and more items on Ebay Australia say "doen't post to Australia",why do they bother even putting them on here.Is it just to anoy us or what?

Two Selling Problems on Ebay by Sellers

After being on Ebay as a buyer and seller for many years, two problems I encounter all the time: 1. People listing damaged goods and expecting a high price and/or not stating it's damaged. A collector will not pay a premium price for a damaged piece ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Seller does not have the item advertised and is unable to refund

I have recently bought an item. The seller alleges that he's made a mistake and does not have the item as he advertised. I have paid for the item. Now the seller alleges that he cannot refund or cancel the order, because it has only been a day since ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Where is the voucher section of My Ebay???

When I signed in there was an ebay message saying I'd scored a 20% off voucher. When I clicked on it I got the terms and conditions page but it doesn't show all the details, rather it says that the redemption code, applicable dates and terms can be f...

• 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful

microwave not replaced

Hi I bought a microwave oven and the seller agreed to replace the faulty item. On their request I sent videos of faulty oven and then they asked me to return it - I did costing me $30 in postage but the seller now refuses to accept his/her promise. A...

• 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful

BEWARE of Global shipping program

This must be the biggest profit making rip off eBay invented. EBay decided that they can rename Australian government 10% GST to import charge so they can double triple or even quadruple it for the benefit of eBay shareholders extra dividends and you...

• 44 replies
  • 1 Helpful

what does 'private listing - bidders' identities protected' mean?

I just bid on this item twice with the phrase 'private listing - bidders' identities protected'. Even my bids are now hidden- I do not trust this secrecy and I won't be bidding again unless this is removed.Seems very much like a price ramping ploy an...

Item not received

I am hoping someone can advise me on next steps. I reside in Australia. I purchased an item from the US in April 2022. The item was valued at $3000US. The estimated delivery time was 20/4 to 25/5 2022. I contacted the seller on 27 May who said that t...

Summary/orders page again missing information.

Yet again eBay in their wisdom have removed pertinent information from the orders page in the summary pages.I have sent a response to them in their "tell us what you think" link. (At the top of the "summary" page) Not sure if I class this latest "imp...

• 19 replies
  • 7 Helpful

Found an ebay loophole to our disadvantage!

I purchased an item back in January and I was told they sold out. I asked if they'll have more stock later on and if so, I'll wait until then. They said that they're busy because of the Chinese New Year holiday and that they'll resume their business ...

• 18 replies
  • 1 Helpful

eBay harbours known fraud Sellers

eBay has no longer the interest in having a Buyer's protection team, nor do they provide Buyers the filter function to show Sellers above a selected feedback percentage % . Why, you may ask?Because caring about Buyers no longer interests eBay managem...