More fake satchels being sold on ebay !

item number 163414878411

The photo clearly shows these dont have the peel off tracking number sticker, but are using the free express post stickers available in rolls from AP. The low feedback seller has a large number of these listed and has already sold quite a few. I have reported this listing and also contacted the person at AP who is charge of tracking these fake satchels down, but a few more reports to ebay might not hurt.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The seller has already sold at least 250 of these at around $12 each, so close to $3000 worth.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I reported them. Let's hope AP go after them. The rest of us pay extra because of these people.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The other problem is that AP is looking out for them. Ebayers who purchase them can end up with warning letters from AP and have to pay postage costs on the satchels again + an extra charge in order for AP to deliver the item.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

You have to be kidding!! I just bought some of these yesterday as had a 10% off from ebay. Just going thru the community pages to see if anything new and noticed this. What can I do? Help please. I shall try to cancel it now but may be too late as paid staight away. I am in shock to say the least 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Gosh a memory loss moment with the shock. I ordered them last week (bought good 500gms ones with my voucher) and Hubby has already picked them up and they are sitting in the cupboard. Yes they have the wrong label on them, no peel off bit for sender to keep. I have sent a return request in for 'they do not seem authentic' as the reason. Should I wait or shall I phone ebay or paypal or both. Is one easier than the other to get my refund please?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I have contacted both ebay and Australia post who are both looking into it. Ebay will be slow I expect if they do anything, Australia post may be quicker. 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Ask AP to supply a letter saying they're not authentic and then send a copy to ebay when you make your claim.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Looks like Australia Post has tried to come up with a solution. The latest release satchels need to have a sticker, purchased from the AP sales desk attached before the satchels will be mailed. Trouble is you can still pre-purchase the satchels, have the stickers attached and then take the satchels home, activating the scanned bar code only when they are lodged for sending. I wonder how long it will take the Chinese to copy the Australia Post price sticker ?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Is this the same trial that I saw mentioned on a notice at the PO? If it is, it's only available at some POs while the trial is on. I didn't have time today so didn't ask about it.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply