More hilarious seeds

Well, it seems that Chinese sellers have been having such success with their fake rainbow and black roses, and blue and purple strawberries that they are widening their reach with more hilarious fake fruits and veg.

New 100pcs Of Colorful Grape Seeds Easy Grow Garden Plants Fruit Seeds Outdoor

New 20 Pieces Blue Watermelon Seeds Rare Seeds Bonsai Fruit Seeds Home Garden

There are even more. I find it funny because I am in the business of growing rare and unusual fruit and veg but I am annoyed that apparantly so many people get taken in by these ads. I know these sort of posts are regular on here but I just thought that some of these are gettig ridiculous now.

It is so easy for someone who is new to growing food to know what is real and what isn't, I grow many colourful veg that surprise people, that I can see how they get sucket in.

Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

More hilarious seeds

there are purple and blue bananas, fluro green and black strawberries now too.

50Pcs-Rare-Colorful-Delicious-Strawberry-Fruit-Seed-8-Colors-Balcony-Plant-

they have started on plumerias as well. they are selling them cheap but look how many people are getting sucked in.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

lol. I know the seller your talking about and can't believe that people buy this Junk that in reality doesn'nt exist. The photos are photoshopped to the max. It is sheer RUBBISH. 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

here is a really bad example of a photo shopped picture the knife is the same colour as the fruit

100PCS Rare BLUE Strawberry Seeds Nutritious Delicious Fruits Seed Strawberries

this one  is on ebay.com

"MIXED 4 NEW " PLUMERIA'S CUTTING WITH ROOTED 7-12 INCHES WITH CERTIFICATED

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

maybe we could all start selling 'fountain of youth' seeds....if you can see them grow - you will live forever...guaranteed

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

and the worse part about the whole lot? Ebay allow this. 😞  $$$ in their pockets. 

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

High sales.

Blue strawberry seller has 396 negs in a month

and is still 98.9%

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

Over ten thousand unhappy buyers in 12 months, now that is impressive Something gone wrong with the raspberries, they are red, everyone knows they should be tartan.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

The trouble is that Ebay are not professional plant growers so they would not be able to know what is real or not. For example, there are blue bananas (though not as blue as the enhanced pictures suggest) and many vegetables do come in many colours. I even grow a red fleshed apple as well as many colours of celery, cauliflower, beets etc.

And it is difficult to police if the buyer can't give feedback till they know that the plant is wrong, and that can be months or years after planting.

Latest reply

More hilarious seeds

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

here is a really bad example of a photo shopped picture the knife is the same colour as the fruit

100PCS Rare BLUE Strawberry Seeds Nutritious Delicious Fruits Seed Strawberries

This is the seller/scammer that started it all and their reply to my question was that their supplier told them that

the Rainbow Rose seeds are real so they'll keep listing them,(they would use the same excuss for the blue

Strawberries),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

They have been reported numerous times but as stated they bring in money so they can stay,(ethics isn't

something that eBay believe in)shok.gif

After all fake disigner goods only get removed because of the VERO program,without it those items wouldn't be

removed.

@maranock wrote:

The trouble is that Ebay are not professional plant growers so they would not be able to know what is real or not.

And it is difficult to police if the buyer can't give feedback till they know that the plant is wrong, and that can be months or years after planting.

That would be eBay's cop out but when those listings where reported they where given all the links to prove

that they where fakes and how they where the laughing stock on some forums.

The only thing they did was to have those comments removed from the forums,(not one single item was

removed).

That's prove of how they think,(money in the pocket over rides any ethics or fair play),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

They are a laughing stock and have no morals for allowing gullible members to be scammed.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply