My phone wont work

I purchased an S8 last June from an international ebay seller. The phone no longer makes phone calls as it keeps dropping out. Samsung Australia don't want to know because it was purchased overseas. I have contacted the seller and have received no reply as yet. I am getting very frustrated.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: My phone wont work

If you bought it from a Chinese seller, then you probably received a fake. Unfortunately, as it's more than 6 months since you purchased, there is nothing you can do. Even if the seller offered a warranty, it isn't worth the screen it's printed on. The best you could hope for is to take it to a local place that might deal with phone repairs. You won't get any help from eBay, PayPal, or the seller. Sorry.

In future, as tempting as cheap phones are from China, don't do it. If you want the newer models, Harvey Norman (and other places) offer interest free terms. Buying locally means if something does go wrong, you are covered by a warranty. You also know that if you buy a Samsung, that's what you're getting.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: My phone wont work

Yes Samsung Australia dont want to know about it as it is a overseas model, try giving it a Factory reset, make sure the phone is well charged. and your contacts are saved on your sim, or in your gmail account, any down loaded apps will be lost.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply