Name and Shame

I don't see the point of this whole Discussion Board. Supposedly it's for sharing our experiences with buying, selling etc. If you can't name the seller in a legitimate complaint

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Name and Shame

The trouble with reporting them is that there is only a short window to take action. In my case, the seller asked me to send the item back for repair, sat on it until the review period expired and then sent it back unrepaired. Clearly gaming the system.  There is no mechanism within ebay to deal with these types of sellers

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Yes but they would have the right of reply as well as the ability to sue if it was clearly inaccurate. If ebay had the ability to deal with shonkies, maybe we wouldn't need to name and shame and incidentally protect other purchasers

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

As this thread is from 2014 and as it is against policy to name and shame - Perhaps let this thread fade back into the past where it belongs.

If you have a question relevant to 2021 Please ask it on the boards withouting rehashing old ones.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@stsjh-ho-9mfktds wrote:

The trouble with reporting them is that there is only a short window to take action. In my case, the seller asked me to send the item back for repair, sat on it until the review period expired and then sent it back unrepaired. Clearly gaming the system.  There is no mechanism within ebay to deal with these types of sellers

________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. Usually the ploy is to get the buyer to be neutralized  by having them expecting a replacement. . In your case you got the same faulty item back unpaired. That would be just salt in the wound for you. Yes you are correct with "there is only a short window to take action".  There's just not enough time to do it in 2 months sometimes.

A few years back I was a victim to a seller's bad misgrading. (one of a few actually) and he said that he would send me a copy from his own selection. With life's normal things going on while waiting, I eventually forgot about it. It was only some years later I remembered. Too late  of course!

Some sellers don't intentionally set out to rip  people off. But when they make an error, they are either mentally incapable (sometimes emotionally immature)  of rectifying their error. Some are just plain arrogant and selfish. Some just don't want to shell out extra money to fix the problem.  In saying that, there are some mighty sellers who go above and beyond the call of duty. One seller in the US sold me an item that was faulty. He refunded me. And unbelievably out of the blue years later, he sent me a free replacement. Amazing fellow!

With the name and shame, I can understand folks wanting to do that. I have dealt with some real dishonest thieves in my time. Sadly it can be abused too.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Hi,

I'm new to this, this is the first time that I bought a parcel from a seller who declared it was repaired and when I got it, after a long, frustrating period it appeared to be damaged, and now the seller doesn't want to refund and get it back or replace it with a working one!

I'm going to a lawsuit, but in addition, I'll go through a long shaming process to disgrace his reputation because I'm not going to be silent!

Appreciate any help on how to start and who to approach

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

1) this thread is 10 years old

2) a mod will be along shortly to 'close it'

3) Sorry, but you need to start a new thread, with your own info

4) you are on a member to member forum (not talking to eBay), and will likely get good advice if you give relevant particulars, ie : item number, the day you purchased, how you paid etc

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Hello everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, we have locked it from further comment.

Please feel free to start a new thread.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply