Need help - Refund issued is not received and ebay customer service is not ready to help

Hi All, 

Please if anyone could help on this one. I bought 2 items using a coupon issued from Ebay. 

The items were not delivered from the sender.  For the first item a refund was issued. When following up with Ebay they said that the refund is issued on the coupon. The coupon terms were one time use and I couldn't use it again. So I called them and I was told by Ebay that they escalated it and then i spoke with someone who was quite rude and said that she cant do anything about it and refused to help. So I lost around 20 dollars for no fault of mine. I told her there is another item in the same order hopefully it gets delivered. If  its not delivered at least the refund should be made differently. 

Now the other item in the same order was not delivered and a refund was issued. Same thing repeated and the refund was to the coupon that I am told is one time use and I cannot use it. I have lost money for no fault of mine.

Is there a way to speak to someone in authority who actually understands the issue. As I believe its not the company(ebay in this case) but its the customer service representatives who are not doing the job correctly.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Need help - Refund issued is not received and ebay customer service is not ready to help

Being kind doesn't cost us, but we cant expect that from everyone. 

I didn't know if my first message even got posted. Anyways 

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Re: Need help - Refund issued is not received and ebay customer service is not ready to help

Thank you for your response and this seems the only logical one. 

Everyone else seemed like working in packs with the same narrative. 

Yes it was coupon I received after I paid for the sign up. And now when you have explained it, seems i have lost it as the seller couldn't fulfil the request and refunded the money. So if the seller refunded the amount where did it go?

I got messages from Ebay that Ebay has issued a refund and mentioned the amount. So if this was the case why send me such messages. The message could simply be we cant issue a refund for this item with the clause etc. 

I would have avoided this hassle all together. 

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@shaikam59 wrote:

You seem like a Ebay rep justifying something that is wrong. 

The Countess has simply pointed out that in both cases, for "item not delivered" or "item not as described", there is NO refund of the discount coupon's value, that's in the coupon's policies which you are ignoring.

She is not an eBay rep, none of us here are.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

You could try contacting CS via live chat, politely explain the situation and ask if they will issue a replacement coupon as a matter of goodwill.
Note, you are not entitled to a refund or replacement, so you would be relying  on ebays goodwill.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Being kind doesn't cost us, but we cant expect that from everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like an  Oxymoron

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@shaikam59 wrote:

Thanks but you just didn't get my point. No, it’s you who isn’t getting the point!  I am not after any discounted money.  The voucher did not come out of your own purse, so why should it go back into it? 

After discount the items come up for around 30 AUD. Then i paid it using the coupon. So i am only after that money. BUT ITS NOT YOUR MONEY, ITS EBAYS. 

The coupon is what I got after I paid for Ebay membership of 50 Bucks. Not the 5 Dollar off for a 5 Dollar buy etc.  

Logically thats my money. Only in your mind, but it’s not your money, it was merely a reward voucher for signing up.      
You seem like a Ebay rep justifying something that is wrong. The only ‘wrong’ here, is your belief that you should receive a cash refund for a voucher purchase! 
Here in Australia the customer service is top notch and i never had to hassle in similar scenarios be it online or instore buy.  If you say so 😂😂

Anyways, I'll have to live with it is what it seems like. Hardly, you have at least another few boards you can post on, in search for someone who might actually inform you that you are right and eBay policy is wrong! 😉…. But I won’t hold my breath! 

And as far as being kind goes……  I don’t suffer fools lightly! Take from that, what you will.  

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply