Negative feedback has disappeared

After a return had been settled by eBay and PayPal issued a refund in my favour, I did leave a negative feedback for my Seller which I felt was warranted. It was very amicable and straight to the point. The feedback was left yesterday but today I can not see my negative feedback on the Sellers page at all. How is this possible without my mutual consent to have the feedback removed?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Negative feedback has disappeared

I know eBay needed to step in, but was that mentioned in your feedback?

I'm not saying it's right, but *if* that was mentioned in the feedback then eBay will remove the feedback if the seller requests

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

There's the problem, you mentioned a case in the feedback like bear has been saying.

It's against the rules to mention any disputes in feedback and eBay removes it pronto.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Did the feedback mention the dispute/having to get eBay to step in ?

Or

Was the seller registered in China? 

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

The Seller is REMOVED and their page says registered in Australia. However with that said.... I have previously purchased items before from so called Australian registered Sellers and the item has come from Pakistan. Yes, eBay did have to step in at the end of this.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

I know eBay needed to step in, but was that mentioned in your feedback?

I'm not saying it's right, but *if* that was mentioned in the feedback then eBay will remove the feedback if the seller requests

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

I didn't mention eBay but I did mention that PayPal had to issue the refund. I guess that's the same thing, right? I did not realize that if this was mentioned, eBay could remove the feedback.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

There's the problem, you mentioned a case in the feedback like bear has been saying.

It's against the rules to mention any disputes in feedback and eBay removes it pronto.

image host
Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks, I know better for next time 🙂
Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

If a dispute is settled with the result in the buyers favour, I cannot see the problem with mentioning that in the feedback. After all, it was proven to be a valid complaint by the buyer, under Ebay's own rules, yet Ebay appear as though they are protecting their sellers and assisting to make their feedback smell like roses, when clearly it could smell of disputes. Potential customers could then be mislead into purchasing, when they may otherwise would not, if the feedback was not tampered with. Just my take on it anyway.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

If a dispute is settled with the result in the buyers favour, I cannot see the problem with mentioning that in the feedback. After all, it was proven to be a valid complaint by the buyer, under Ebay's own rules, yet Ebay appear as though they are protecting their sellers and assisting to make their feedback smell like roses, when clearly it could smell of disputes. Potential customers could then be mislead into purchasing, when they may otherwise would not, if the feedback was not tampered with. Just my take on it anyway.

A claim being decided in favour of the buyer isn't proof of anything, least of all the complaint being valid. 

It's easy enough for buyers to state what the problem is without mentioning a dispute or claim, and I suspect the reason the comments are removed has a legal basis, likely to protect eBay, rather than anything to do with protecting sellers. 

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Ebay do nothing to protect sellers, ebay side with the buyer 99% of the time no matter what

Obviously in this case the buyer (OP) had a valid problem but there are many scammers out there who lie through their teeth and ebay reward and protect them

As far as ebay are concerned. all sellers are dodgy as, end of

Interesting, since you believe ebay are assisting a SELLER'S feedback to smell like roses, how is it then that ebay only allow positive feedback to be left for buyers?

Ebay must be assisting buyer's feedback to smell like a whole florist shop 

But I guess that's differnt ............

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply