No eBay Transaction ID?

addyads
Community Member

I need the transaction ID for each purchase. Is there a minimum price threshold? I've order a few items from various stores that totaled over $33. Then bought an item between $15 and $20 from Kogan and didn't get an transaction ID after paying. I get a PayPal one of course, just nothing from eBay.

I need it for referral purposes to get cashback. Well points from rewardscentral not cash.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No eBay Transaction ID?

9hrs & no answer to your post,even from the smart peoples who frequent here.

i don't know what you mean or maybe I'm dumb,maybe others don't know either or maybe they are bored or listing stuff.Elaborate please...What transaction ID?

All i get when i buy is a msg from eBay & a kind of PayPal receipt.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

No eBay Transaction ID?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is no such thing as an ebay Transaction ID....only an Item number.

Transaction IDs are used on paypal to identify the transaction that you have a receipt for.  The ebay Item Number is shown on the paypal receipt to link the two together.

Is that what you mean?  If you need something else you will have to be a bit clearer in what you need.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

No eBay Transaction ID?

addyads
Community Member

Update: I found the transaction IDs in E-Mails that eBay send after payment. It lists item number and then underneath is transaction ID.

Perhaps it isn't given to the sellers so that's why they don't see one? I don't know, I'm a newbie.  Smiley Very Happy

Now just wish eBay would include the price of each item purchased alongside the ID number to save time going between ORDER letter and the eBay history.

Thanks for your replies.

My mistake was seeing (on my eBay page) one transaction ID for the 5 items I purchased at once from various stores. I just assumed eBay would have the IDs for each item on my account on their website, but no it's E-Mailed.

If anyone knows a way to view the transaction ID and price etc all on your one Purchase History page, then that'd be great. eBay needs to fix that.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

No eBay Transaction ID?

addyads
Community Member

Turns out I had seen it from a link in an E-Mail and was wanting to find it again on eBay page. Guess it's a bug that they don't display it alongside the price in the purchase history.

The only way to see it is in your E-Mail. But they don't show the price. So you have to go between the the two screen. Annoying, but I don't think eBay will be changing/fixing that anytime soon.

Thanks for your replies. Was a bit confusing, but that's what being a newbie gets you at first. Smiley Very Happy Maybe I was too optimistic in thinking a giant company like eBay would have refined their system enough or be aware of this.

Edit: oops double post, clicked post on one above and the page crashed but still went through but came back blank on refresh and didn't check if it actually got posted before typing another one.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

No eBay Transaction ID?

I think the eBay transaction ID's are for eBay's own internal purposes, or at least primarily. I sell with a store with another user name and I don't get the IDs unless it's via certain reports, and it's not reflected in any of my other eBay records or Selling Manager tools, so even with the ID I can't use it to locate a specific transaction (as far as I know, anyway. I have record numbers in selling tools, 5 digits, but the transaction number - when they appear - are 13 digits, and differ from the item numbers etc). 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

No eBay Transaction ID?

Interesting. I haven't sold anything, just bought items.

It's a bit confusing. Haven't figured out a way to determine before purchasing if I'll get a transaction ID or not. There doesn't seem to be any common denominator. Doesn't matter if it's local or offshore, or price or type of item. I've bought two similar items from overseas and one got a Transaction ID and the other has none. In the link it has transID&=0' followed by item number which everyone sees and it's not unique.

Guess I'll just have to use cashrewards.com, quibble and starthere sites instead of rewardscentral for eBay & other online purchases. CR is only offering 2% cashback but better than nothing and it all adds up ๐Ÿ˜œ
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

No eBay Transaction ID?

How can I find a transaction on ebay that someone disputed on paypal
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

No eBay Transaction ID?

Is it for the fake Beats headphones or the wheel bearing kit?

Also, you've replied to a topic that hasn't seen any activity for nearly 6 years - you've dragged it back up out of the basement into the light where it really doesn't want to be.

In future, please start a new topic, and let the old ones rest in their digital graves....

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply