No feedback for new account

Hi,
I have opened a new account to start selling a specific item which I hope to make some money out of.

My question though is how to deal with the fact that account has no FB? Do you think it will affect me?

Can I put a link to this account in my listing to show that I am not a new seller? And take that out once I have some feedback?

And I'm thinking of just a basic store.....but am debating whether to not go through with a store. Any advice?
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: No feedback for new account

Basically no.

You cannot crosslink accounts.

Maybe sell the new superduper item through wardy? Why would you not want to?

More info needed, but I doubt it will make any difference to eBay's policies.

As far as the store goes - how many do you have? How many do you expect to sell? You can list 40 items per month free outside of a store; do you need to list/sell more than that? If so, how many? Basic store is $19.95 per month - that's nearly 14 paid for listings on top of the 40 before you break even. Although a store offers 80 free listings.

You need to do the numbers for yourself. None of us know the full details, so our advice will be limited to generalities.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Just buy a few items, eg your click & send satchels if you are using the service to post items, that will get you a couple of ratings, may be a few items for your personal use,

You can mention you are an experienced seller with a new ID set up to market your new product,  but I doubt it will make much difference,  if you are up front with your listings, your terms of sale are realistic, your FB will grow naturally.

I set up a new selling ID not long ago, and surprised that I actually sold more in that month than on an established one. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I probably will have more than 40 listings a month and can list at least 80, but I could also just start with the 40 listings for a few months if I wanted to.  There is a big market for what I am selling, but it is a low cost item.  I know when I buy it myself, I tend to buy 10 slightly different lots or something from the one seller.  

Pi also buy this product a lot from OS on a another selling platform because I can't get some of it in Australia and I can get three times it's worth in Australia.  So I'm hoping there is a market for it here.

i sell a lot on my wardy account for my father and just household objects I don't want anymore and I am hoping between ebay and the OS site I may be able to make some sort of profit so I just want to keep them separate.

i will do as suggested and buy a few things from the new account to get the ball rolling.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

There is no Basic Store anymore - they were discontinued in all the new changes - A store starts at $49.95 per month and you get 100 free listings per month

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

this is wrong surely, the basic store has been reintroduced

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/fees.html

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I saw on the fees that a basic store was $19.95 for 80 listings

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I saw on the fees that a basic store was $19.95 for 80 listings

Yes the basic store is back.  For those who have migrated to Featured Stores it may be worth doing the maths to see if it is worth transferring back to Basic to save $30.00 month in fees.  You do pay a higher FVF so it depends on your monthly sales which store works out cheaper.

I seem to remember you do need some feedback before opening a store but this was a long time ago.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I stand corrected - thank you :))

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I looked into whether I needed to FB to open the store and all I could find was that I can't open a store until I've been registered for 14 days.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply