Not able to convert with card

Since a few months ago, I have not been able to convert foreign currency with my card. The convert with card option is selected but Paypal still converts with its exhorbitant rates. I was not aware of this until I bought something expensive and wondered why the exchange rate was so poor when I got my statement. Has anyone else had this problem. I have tried Safari, Chrome and Explorer, all the same so it is not a browser issue.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Not able to convert with card

Never mix your grog.

I stick to REAL Whisky. No problems. I dunno what the counterfeit stuff padi drinks does to one, but it can't be good.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Two Christmases ago, I ordered some non-alcoholic brandy, as well as non-alcoholic amaretto, with the intention of providing for family members who could not drink alcohol or needed to stay away from drinks with sugar content.

I know I used much of the non-alcoholic brandy in the punch, whic actually worked out very nicely. (It was a fabulous 18th century recipe which I got from a treatise by Humphrey Broadbent, 1722. Called Punch Excellent, it is!) But the amaretto - oh my sainted goldfish, no, no, no, but no!

Horrible.

Undrinkable.

It didn't even taste vaguely like real amaretto.

For that matter, when drunk on its own, that non-alcoholic brandy was foul and un-brandy-like. (It worked as a punch ingredient, but as a soloist it bombed.)

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Probably why the real stuff is priced accordingly.

I'm assuming amaretto is some sort of alcoholic drink?

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Yes.

Gozio Amaretto 700mL

• Varietal:  Liqueur

• Liquor Style:  Nut-Flavored Liqueurs

Amaretto Gozio has a lovely rich caramel colour and sweet, nutty nose. A liqueur with precious and delicate flavours surrounding an intense core it is a true testament to the Italian flare for style.

Disaronno Amaretto 700mL

• Varietal:  Amaretto

• Size:  700mL

Amaretto is a traditional sweet Italian almond flavoured liqueur. Disaronno is flavoured by a combination of herbs and spices that are then soaked in apricot kernel oil. The final product is delightfully rich yet delicate.

I chose Amaretto as it's the modern-day equivalent of (well, it's identical to) Georgian/Regency apricot kernel ratafia. (That Christmas was composed entirely of Georgian recipes, and I went a little mad with collecting more Georgian silver items for the table. I don't regret anything - except for the horrilbe horrible horrible non-alcoholic amaretto, and I'm glad that I had some of the genuine amaretto on hand to wash away the disgusting taste.)

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply