Not being able to cancel bids

I used to understand why buyers can't cancel there bids, but to many sellers are canceling there iteams because they are not happy with the amount bid on there iteam. If sellers can cancel buyers should be able to as well.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Buyers can retract their bids if they have a valid reason & as long as it is not within the last 12 hours of an auction unless they've bid withing the last hour of wanting to retract.

Suggest you read up on bid retractions. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Sellers who end listings because they have not started at a high enough price will not last long as sellers. Both buyers and sellers can cancel bids up to the last 12 hours and after that sellers can cancel, a buyer can always ask a seller to cancel their bid if over the time limit and most sellers will comply as they would rather not have the item finish and not be paid for.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Yes I am aware of this but if a seller can cancel and relist or decide its not worth there time and they cancel their iteam then why should a buyer have to go through so many dramas cancelling there bid.

I'm just saying if Bidders need to follow through so should sellers

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Yes I am aware of this but if a seller can cancel and relist or decide its not worth there time and they cancel their iteam then why should a buyer have to go through so many dramas cancelling there bid.

I'm just saying if Bidders need to follow through so should sellers

What drama's ? A few clicks of a mouse would hardly constitute as drama's in a normal persons life lol

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

If a buyer wants to cancel they have to give reasons that are excepted and l and others have been told you cant unless it meet this standardor that. Sellers have been cancelling there iteams with no such problems.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

If a buyer wants to cancel they have to give reasons that are excepted and l and others have been told you cant unless it meet this standardor that. Sellers have been cancelling there iteams with no such problems.

Sellers also have to choose a reason & can do what they like with the item until such time as money actually changes hands.

BTW-it's items not iteams.:-)

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Right so at the same time I have the right to change my mind at any time till paid.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Right so at the same time I have the right to change my mind at any time till paid.

Pretty much ie you can retract your bid,ask seller to retract or simply don't pay,cop a non payer strike & appeal it.

See-no drama's. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

yes but see why should a buyer get a non paying strike and a seller not a non selling strike. Also for the good sellers out there why should they loose the chance for someone to bid on the iteam that the person who had been bidding will not buy.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply