Not possible to lodge an item not received case??

I've been waiting 2 months for a very small, flat paper item to arrive from Canada. I paid CN$20 for the postage. I want to lodge an 'item not received' case but the automated eBay page says 'your item may still be on the way and is not scheduled to arrive until 2nd of April'. Since when does international mail take six months? I would expect it'll be too late to lodge a case if it doesn't arrive by then, is that true? The tracking number the seller gave is fake too, how do do I even begin to contact eBay any more?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Not possible to lodge an item not received case??

Yes, it is possible to open an item not received case but not until after the last estimated delivery date has passed 

eBay Help is at the top of every page

What did the estimated delivery date say before you purchased?

Which website did you check the tracking on?

Did you contact the seller before you left them a neg?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

OMG....by land & sea?? It has a 10c price tag as well....

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The listing looks far more like a small seller doing their best than any kind of scam.

It does look like they have sent via Canada Post small packets international - surface which states it is for "non-time sensitive" articles and will take 2-3 months to Australia (and tracking will not be updated during the voyage).

It is also the middle of winter in Canada, and the Canada Post twitter page has had many alerts for delays in the last few months.

On top of that, there are also reports of ships being delayed due to the situation in the Middle East at the moment: more delays .

Yes two months is a long time, but it really could just be shipping.

Have you contacted the seller? 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If I purchased that item today, the ETA says March 8 to June 5. I suspect you would have been shown similar ETA's when you looked at the listing. If I bought today, I wouldn't be able to open a dispute until June 5. That is 5.5 months from now. I suspect the seller has added a long handling time to allow for sea mail and poor Canadian weather. 

Sorry, but you can't open a dispute until April. Given the item has probably been sent sea mail, there's a better than even chance it will still arrive. Maybe next time you buy from overseas, you look at the ETA dates so you have a better idea of what's going on, instead of buying an item that clearly has an extended ETA date and then whinging about it.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No, it won't be too late to lodge a claim. If the expected delivery date is listed as 2nd April, then you have about 30 days after that in which to open a claim, so don't stress.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply