Opening a case for a multiple items from the same seller:

Hi to all! I need little bit help from you, I recently purchased from one seller 10 different items and i still didn't have received my package and there is no tracking number. I send him a message and he ask from me to wait one more week despite that and the estimate delivery time has past also. Now after one week, my item is still nowhere to find and the seller is not answering to my messages, so my last resort was to open a case, but as I notice the case is open only for one of the 10 items. My questions is, do i need to open another 9 cases for each item separately? Is there any limitation of how many cases can be opened? And do I will have any negative impact on my account opening so many cases at once?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If it is a Chinese seller, do not let them string you along.

They usually try to do this until it's too late.

Open 10 cases if you bought 10 items, as soon as it's allowed.

If you receive your purchases in the meantime, then you can close all 10 cases.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If it is a Chinese seller, do not let them string you along.

They usually try to do this until it's too late.

Open 10 cases if you bought 10 items, as soon as it's allowed.

If you receive your purchases in the meantime, then you can close all 10 cases.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, you have to open cases for each item.

Don't know.

Don't know.

However, given eBay buyers are a protected species, I don't imagine you would have any problems. Especially if you bought the items in one transaction.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I can't help you with how many cases you need to open....the last time I opened a case for multiple items they were all on the same invoice and it automatically opened cases on all items.  You could ring ebay if you are unsure.

There is no impact on your account if you open multiple cases especiallyof it is the same seller.

There is no restriction on how many cases you can open.

Having said that......if you make a habit of doing it you may find ebay/paypal taking a dim view of it eventually.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply! No, it is a seller from Germany. Is there any limitation of how many cases can be opened? And do I will have any negative impact on my account opening so many cases at once?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Did you use paypal to pay?

The reason I ask is that sellers in Germany do not have to use paypal and it makes a difference to opening disputes.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I pay with paypal.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I can't find a policy on how many cases are allowed at once.

But, someone once opened 11 INR against me (one purchase, one invoice), so I guess you haven't reached your limit.

Oh, and they turned up, and the case was closed.

Lyndal can give advice on a German purchase better than I can.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Lyndal can give advice on a German purchase better than I can.

Only as far as the use of paypal not being mandatory for German sellers.  As the OP used paypal there is no other reason that I can think of to make this transaction any different to any other overseas transaction.

All my German purchases were paypal free but I had no issues at all.....every one was fast and the sellers were typically efficient Germans with excellent English skills.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply