Opinions please on SNAD

Afternoon all , Just would be interested in a few opinions on a radio i recently purchased , it was listed as new (other) , title and description stated NOS ( new old stock).

Now the the radio was shown in its original polystyrene foam packaging , 3 pictures all up , 2 showing it in the packaging and one close up of the radio.

Fantastic , Radio arrived as shown in the packaging , all good , very happy chappy ,

now move forward a week and a half , seller lists more of the same radio as buy it now, has 6 listed , no problem , i buy all six ,

when the 6 radios arrived , they had No packaging and they were just wrapped in plastic shopping bags with one layer  of bubble wrap.

As these units are approx 30 years old and proving that an item of that age is in fact new old stock, I believe the packaging has a significant impact on the value .

What i suppose i am asking here is , do others think that, as they arrived with no packaging but loose and just wrapped in plastic shopping bags , do i have a reasonable expectation to be a bit more than disappointed here?

on a item of that age , the value does have a lot to do with the original packaging.

I tried to sort it out with the seller involved but he just kept side stepping the issue and wouldnt give a direct response.

I honestly think he threw out the original packaging and repacked them to make the parcel smaller for postage but he wont admit to any thing.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Opinions please on SNAD

All you can do is leave it up to Paypal. Open a dispute and emphasise that you only purchased because they were shown and listed as in the original packaging. If Paypal find in your favour then the seller will have no choice but to accept a return and if Paypal find against you all you can do is appeal and if that fails try a bank chargeback if you funded your payment with a credit card.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

With the 6 that you purchased later, did the Photos show Original Packaging or just the Radios?

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Hi , Yes , the packaging was shown , same pictures used as the listing for the first radio.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

I think then, you have a case against them. The items recieved, were missing parts that were in the Photos listed.  IMO

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Were they all the same photos as in the 1st listing?  Could be he has just used the photos in all of the listings ?

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Yes , same photos , ,same title ,same description , thats why i bought the six , obviously thinking they would be the same as the first one i bought a week earlier that arrived as shown..

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

What about the postage costs?

How did they compare? If they were a lot cheaper than the original cost x 6, then it makes sense he would have had to pack them a cheaper way.

I do understand that the packaging counts though on something old being listed as unused stock.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

postage worked out roughly the same per unit , The real issue i have is the packaging.

six loose radios are just that , 6 loose radios, they just look as if they have been sitting around for a while , big difference to six radios still in the original packaging.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Ask the seller if he / she still has all the Original Packages. If they have, could they send them all to you.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Tried that , he just kept avoiding answering the question directly.

I have tried and tried with this guy but no luck ,  he will not admit to anything and refuses to do a return and kept saying i got what was listed.

Last count it was up to 9 messages.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply