Ordered turbo brush in June. Received but did not work. Haven't received replacement or refund.

Ordered turbo brush in June. It didn't work & still waiting for replacement.  They refuse to give me refund, stating they can't afford to do that.  Bad luck about my money.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ordered turbo brush in June. Received but did not work. Haven't received replacement or refund.

Presumably you paid by Paypal, if so open a case for "item not as desribed", you have 180 days to do that after the sell date. Make sure you sign up for Paypal's limited return postage offer BEFORE opening the dispute.

DO NOT close the case until the problem has been resolved because you can't reopen it if the seller promises to refund and then doesnt.

TBH after reading their feedback I wouldn't have bought from them in the first place........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ordered turbo brush in June. Received but did not work. Haven't received replacement or refund.

did you pay with paypal?

are you within the 180 day time limit to put in a claim?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Presumably you paid by Paypal, if so open a case for "item not as desribed", you have 180 days to do that after the sell date. Make sure you sign up for Paypal's limited return postage offer BEFORE opening the dispute.

DO NOT close the case until the problem has been resolved because you can't reopen it if the seller promises to refund and then doesnt.

TBH after reading their feedback I wouldn't have bought from them in the first place........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

yeah i just looked.. 1276 revised feedback thats beyond a joke..

At what point does anyone in a management position at ebay look at something like that and think 'hmm mebee that might give a TERRIBLE BUYING EXPERIENCE to a whole bunch of ebay users'

Gah!  (rude words... and a bunch of them) 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

If you paid by paypal, there is no reason you should'nt get your money back, have you opened a case? they seller will not hvae a choice but to refund your money

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@beerandpizzaplz wrote:

yeah i just looked.. 1276 revised feedback thats beyond a joke..

Unlike negatives and neutrals, the count for revised feedback is not for the last 12 months, but for the entire time they've been a member (I can't see the profile, so have no idea how long they've been onsite). 

Revised feedback is also an indciation of a problem being resolved (well, it implies it, definitely doesn't prove anything either way). 

Not saying 1276 revised FB's isn't an indication of a problem, 'cos I'd say it is, just that it can look considerably worse if someone doesn't know it's of all time (from memory, a seller gets 5 feedback revision requests per 1000 positive FB received, so in order to be allowed to send 1276 requests, they'd have to receive more than 250k positives).

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

yes that seller has over 250k feedback - but running your feedback revisions at limit - over that number of transactions indicates a particularly terrible seller whichever way you paint it.

A tool seller i buy from occasionally in the US has around that number of feedback ( 274657 total  - in 12 months 21033pos 42neut  41neg) but with 31 revisions.

The number of feedback revisions needs to be reduced after that many sales - like i said before 1276 revisions - not to mention all their negatives is a bad joke that reflects directly on ebay as a whole.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Doesn't number of revised feedback suggest they have satisfactorily solved issues and the customer has altered their feedback? It would be the negs that are more significant wouldn't it? A seller with xxx negs and no revisions means no solution was reached but fewer negs and some revisions says to me the buyer has negged before solving the issue, it's been solved so they've revised. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

To be honest I rarely if ever look at the feedback a seller has, only look if I buy something where quality could be an issue. I never pay with anything but PayPal funded by a credit card so I know I've got 3x protection should there be a problem.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

It does not always follow Cupboards.

How often have you seen buyers come here complaining that the seller asked them to change their feedback before replacing the item or refunding....the buyer does so and never hears from the seller again.

Personally I would rather see a negative feedback comment with a follow up from the buyer saying that the seller had rectified the problem.  That way the reader knows what the problem was in the first place.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@ferny231046 wrote:

Ordered turbo brush in June. It didn't work & still waiting for replacement.  They refuse to give me refund, stating they can't afford to do that.  Bad luck about my money.

I haven't a clue who you bought from but it doesn't matter anyway. The time for communicating with the seller has long gone. They lied to you then & they'll lie to you again if you give them half a chance.

Do exactly as padi suggested. If you are within the 180 days time limit to open a case, do so & make a claim. If the seller sends a message, totally ignore any promises. Do not follow through on any suggestions/directions from the seller. Continue with your claim till you have a refund.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply