PURCHASED FROM NSW, SHIPPING FROM CHINA

Hi,

I've been on ebay a while but this is the first instance I've had where I paid extra to purchase an item from NSW (even though I saw hundreds of listings for the same item much cheaper shipping from China) because I am in NSW so assumed it would take like a week at the most and I didn't want to wait 20-30 days delivery.

After I purchased the item the seller updated the delivery terms in the listing and I received a message from them outlining the estimated delivery period which is 20 days and it turns out it is shipping from China. Surely this can't be something ebay allows? I would have paid like $10 instead of $35 if it wasn't a time senstive gift.

Seems so misleading and against consumer conduct to say 'NSW' but really it's China.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

That's all well and good but as far as the OP knew,  the item they bought WAS located in Australia. If you'd read their post you would have seen that they chose that one over other listings because it said it was local. It was only after they bought that it changed.

That screenshot you posted doesn't appear to be a Chinese tracking number as they generally end in CN.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Its typical bloody Chinese 👎
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

That comment really adds to the sum of knowledge on this thread, which is over TWO YEARS old.

If you are going to comment try a current thread. There are several on the first page.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

This thread is a couple of years old, but is still perfectly relevant. Here's a previous post about the same issue...

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/SCAM-Chinese-sellers-misrepresenting-item-location-Equick/td...

In short, this is what is stated, 

"...the item is in China and they use a re-fullfilment service called Equick.cn who consolidate many sellers parcels on a daily basis and ship them to Sydney. Equick then despatch them using Australia Post from their warehouse in Botany.

Around 4-5 days after you make your purchase you finally receive the tracking advice from Australia Post, which makes you think the items are in Australia, but in fact they have not even left China.  Around 10-14 days later you finally receive the goods.

This activity is clearly misleading and a breach of eBay's 'misrepresenting item location' rules and needs to be stopped."

That post was from 2014 and nothing has changed. It would seem that Ebay is completely compliant with this and doesn't care about buyers being misled. 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Just realised there is the "Report Item" link.

From the available choices you can choose "Report category - Listing practices" > "Reason for report - Other listing practices" > "Detailed reason - Item location misrepresentation"

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Won't make any difference reporting one of the 'Chosen People' (read Chinese)

Ebay won't/can't do anything anyway.

Ebay.au can only report it to ebay China, who ignore it all.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Won't make any difference reporting one of the 'Chosen People' (read Chinese)

Ebay won't/can't do anything anyway.

Ebay.au can only report it to ebay China, who ignore it all.

No argument there. Makes me wonder why they bother with that option at all. Also, there's a multitude of complaints throughout this forum and elsewhere online about Ebay's lack of willingness to help with a number of issues, why should this be any different!? 😛 

It would seem that as long as the dollars are rolling in, who cares!? Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

"Ebay.au can only report it to ebay China, who ignore it all"

Not true - staff at eBay China cannot read English

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

"Ebay.au can only report it to ebay China, who ignore it all"

Not true - staff at eBay China cannot read English

original.gif