Counterfeit Pandora Sellers

spoltzs
Community Member

VENTING

Just over two months ago, I purchased two “authentic” charms from 2 different sellers on ebay. Both charms were confirmed as counterfeit by Pandora. I reported both sellers to ebay and their listings were both removed immediately. This stopped my ability to leave negative feedback for both sellers. I eventually received a refund however for the last two months, I have been fighting an ongoing battle with Trust and Safety to have two sellers removed who are selling counterfeit Pandora items.

I even went to Pandora Brand Protection who confirmed to ebay that both sellers were selling counterfeit pandora items on ebay, as well as tracking down one of the places the seller was purchasing their counterfeit pandora items from and gave it to ebay.

After over 2 months later, ebay still allows these sellers to remain on ebay selling counterfeit items. I have been contacting Trust and Safety at least once a week for two months regarding these sellers however it has now gotten to a stage where I will be closing my account and never dealing with ebay again.

As a consumer, it is disgraceful that these sellers are permitted to charge a fortune for a counterfeit item they purchased for 72c. There are many unsuspecting Pandora buyers out there who are being taken for a ride by these sellers. I have reported their items and yet Trust and Safety have done NOTHING.

Does anyone have any suggestions to have these sellers removed from Ebay?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Were the sellers located in Australia ?

Perhaps if you contact ACORN , they may have some suggestions 

Good luck 

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Sorry but as long as ebay are making money from these sellers ebay will do nothing about it.

Ebay need proof that they're fake.

Easy rule to follow on ebay and that's never buy branded name items as many turn out to be fakes,go to the store and buy.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

I thought Pandora were a member of VERO, but a quick look says no. But of course, Pandora does actively protect its brand (and you say that you've got in touch with Pandora Brand Protection as well).

From everything I have heard, eBay police Pandora listings; if they are not removing the sellers you've reported, and if those sellers are still listing, my guess is that the sellers are in China.

China's laws concerning IP and fakes are different to those of Australia, the US, the UK, etc. Because eBay.cn comes under Chinese law, eBay China will perforce handle complaints of copyright infringement and fakes in a different way - i.e., they will largely ignore those complaints. Chinese sellers are perfectly well aware of the different rules for them.

If the two sellers you've mentioned are indeed in China, then unfortunately, from what I understand, you are fighting a losing battle in reporting them.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Pandora, in the past, has been right on top of removing counterfeits.

Countess, that list has this in the heading -

This list of brands is not comprehensive of brands with IP rights.

I think they've covered themselves with that.

As said, if the sellers are Chinese, then Ebay will do nothng about them.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the counterfeit Pandora listings have been removed that is about as much as you can hope for.

There is (or was) only one authorised Pandora seller on ebay although I seem to remember reading that they were no longer selling.

You could always ask Pandora if there are any authorised sellers still on ebay.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's a bit of a read, but this guy had a good story to tell.

All his listings were removed by ebay on Pandora's say so.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Listings-removed-after-the-rights-owner-reported-it-as/m-p/...

Good outcome if you read the whole thread.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I have never had a problem with fakes in years of buying Pandora.

I wouldn't buy them on eBay, though. A Pandora store or their website.

Given fakes are rife as the charms are considered by many to be overpriced, I can't see why you would expect to buy cheap charms from non-Pandora sellers and get the real deal.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Ooohhh Dave, I reckon you'd look super hot wearing a Pandora bracelet 😄

Spoiler
Growl! 😉
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Dream on.

You'll never know.

Message 10 of 23