Parcel Lockers

abes17
Community Member

Can someone please explain why my Parcel Locker (not PO Box) address to an Australia Post Distribution Centre (DC) is the smae as a PO Box. It would seem that for some reason PO Boxes are deined by many international sellers (and their distributors in Australia) but I think this is a hangover from the US.

The Parcel locker is the way i wish to do business however it is a different place than a PO Box which is, in most cases, linked to an actual Post Office. My parcel locker is not a Post office it is a parcel centre, and in actual fact I get a letter form Aust Post if a letter is sent to my Parcel Locker address.

If anyone can explain or point me to the rule, I would be appreciative.Smiley Happy

Ron

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Parcel Lockers

A lot of sellers use couriers......they do not necessarily 'talk' to Australia Post
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Here are the items that are not permitted to be sent to parcel lockers :-

https://community.auspost.com.au/s/article/What-types-of-mail-items-cant-be-sent-to-my-247-Parcel-Lo...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

A lot of international sellers use a postal service that is delivered by a courier service once it gets to Australia and they cannot deliver to Parcel Lockers or PO Boxes for that matter.

Only StarTrack can deliver to PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers as they are a division of  Australia Post.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Understand about the International people and some use couriers that won't deliver to Aust Post, but I have had this issue with normal post items (as identified in the postage details) from NSW, Australia. Then I am advised the supplier (obviosuly from China) doesnt do "PO Boxes" but again not a PO Box a Parcel Locker. Very frustrating. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@abes17 wrote:

Understand about the International people and some use couriers that won't deliver to Aust Post, but I have had this issue with normal post items (as identified in the postage details) from NSW, Australia. Then I am advised the supplier (obviosuly from China) doesnt do "PO Boxes" but again not a PO Box a Parcel Locker. Very frustrating. 

It is not a case of "won't" deliver to Australia Post locations......it is a case of CANNOT.....Australia Post will not accept items from outside couriers.

If you read the information in your screen shot it clearly states they do not deliver to PO Boxes so it should not be a surprise.

I would be surprised if sellers who exclude PO Boxes even know there is another AP service that is similar but different....I would think they lump them all in together.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply