PayPal funds being taken but in US dollars

I'm just beside myself because my PayPal funds are being converted to US dollars when they're getting taken from my account.

What the hell is going on here?

So for every $0.99 AUD it is converting to USD of $0.66 what the hell?

Meaning that when $1 is getting taken it is only $0.66 being taken so it is showing that $0.33 is still owing.

Looks to me like the conversion isn't going through.

And why the hell would it all of a sudden be converted?

I haven't purchased anything in US $.

How is this possible and why is this possible.

Contacted PayPal but still no response from them.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Have a look at my new message - could this be why you're having problems maybe by inadvertantly buying off the .com site ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/eBay-fiddling-with-saved-searches-grrrr/m-p/2293722#M108270

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 42
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Have a look at my new message - could this be why you're having problems maybe by inadvertantly buying off the .com site ?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/eBay-fiddling-with-saved-searches-grrrr/m-p/2293722#M108270

All my purchases have been from AU sellers so this isn't the issue.

But at this stage all I know is that I was in arrears with a purchase but the thing is that when I made that purchase it stated that $20 will be taken from PP balance and the rest from my bank account.

But when I purchased it then showed as $20 in arrears in PP but the transaction showed that it was taken from PP balance.

So I queried PP about this and all they said was sorry but you're in arrears $20 and I needed to make the arrears payment to make my account have a positive balance.

I said this was PP mistake and not mine and that I would be contacting AFCA and complaining which I did and now I have this issue with the USD in my wallet.

Seems to be some kind of retaliation on PPs behalf?

Message 12 of 42
Latest reply

Do you sell overseas, or only Australia? 

Message 13 of 42
Latest reply

Only sell and buy in Australia

Message 14 of 42
Latest reply

When I was chatting with PP I was put through steps to resolve the issue but what they were saying to do wasn't even showing in my PP.

I was supposed to try and remove the USD while following their instructions but there was no way of doing that on my side so they kept on putting me through to another CS but no one was able to resolve it.

Message 15 of 42
Latest reply

I have a zero balance in my account at the moment and even when I try to close the account it states that I can't close it due to a negative balance,really it's blocking me from doing anything,this is definately very strange.

Message 16 of 42
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this way, if it helps at all.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Money at the top of the page.
  3. Click Manage Currency.
  4. Choose the currency to make Primary
  5. Click Make Primary.

(Mine was displaying USD sometime in the past, and I changed it to AUD this way).  

Message 17 of 42
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Try this way, if it helps at all.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Money at the top of the page.
  3. Click Manage Currency.
  4. Choose the currency to make Primary
  5. Click Make Primary.

(Mine was displaying USD sometime in the past, and I changed it to AUD this way).  

Hi yes mine is AUD as primary but it also has the USD which PP tried to remove it but I couldn't do it as there is no where to remove it.

The problem is that it affects my balance (mainly lowering the value of the AUD so I'm losing money)

I never asked for or used the USD for anything so not sure why it's there,just a pain having to transfer money out of PP asap so as not to lose to much money.

It would be perfect if the AUD was stronger than the USD then I'd be making money haha.

Message 18 of 42
Latest reply

The problem continues,yesterday account balance was $0.00 today -$0.04 so now again account is in arrears and PP have asked me to make payment to resolve outstanding balance.

This is driving me crazy.

Message 19 of 42
Latest reply

I have noticed that the USD is on all of our PayPal wallet, but only one account has been affected by this issue so is this because PP is a US company and it's mandatory and can anyone confirm that they have it on their accounts?

Just trying to see what strategy to take from here as I have already contacted AFCA and waiting to hear back from them.

Message 20 of 42
Latest reply