PayPal funds being taken but in US dollars

I'm just beside myself because my PayPal funds are being converted to US dollars when they're getting taken from my account.

What the hell is going on here?

So for every $0.99 AUD it is converting to USD of $0.66 what the hell?

Meaning that when $1 is getting taken it is only $0.66 being taken so it is showing that $0.33 is still owing.

Looks to me like the conversion isn't going through.

And why the hell would it all of a sudden be converted?

I haven't purchased anything in US $.

How is this possible and why is this possible.

Contacted PayPal but still no response from them.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

No

Message 31 of 42
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Are you able to close the account?

That would be my thought, too. Close the account, open a new one and relink everything. Probably a better use of time than talking to robo-people.

No the account can't be closed as I tried and I also tried removing bank details and it wouldn't allow me to do it as the account keeps going into the negative.

So when I pay the negative balance and think ok I can now close the account,it then comes up sorry you're unable to close your account due to a negative balance.But I just made the account not be in arrears by paying the arrears but then it keeps showing as arrears.

I know that my account has been frozen to stop me from doing any thing so hopefully the AFCA will get an answer?

Once it is all over then it will be all over for PP,I will be closing it.

Message 32 of 42
Latest reply

PayPal seems to be playing some kind of a sick game and I don't know why?

As the account falls into arrears due to the conversion rate charges I decided to transfer a higher amount so it can not be in the arrears but PayPal some how have had it pending for way longer than it should be.

Each day the date keeps changing to an extra day to clear so far now it's up to 11 days and still hasn't cleared.

Definately I've had a mark put against my account and no one is willing to help.

Message 33 of 42
Latest reply

Naomi, this sounds like a horrible mess... a fairground maze of distorting mirrors.

It is not fair that you should be going through this; I hope it is sorted out soon.

Message 34 of 42
Latest reply

Thank you countess and I hope you get well soon 

Message 35 of 42
Latest reply

Naomi I uggest you don't close your pp account while you have complaints open. 

Paypal might just remove all evidence of the account and your complaints will fail.

Message 36 of 42
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Naomi I uggest you don't close your pp account while you have complaints open. 

Paypal might just remove all evidence of the account and your complaints will fail.

I can't close it anyway,but I did try to close it before I complained as I was fed up with it all.

Just waiting for the AFCA to reply.

Message 37 of 42
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

thankyou.gif

... and very good advice from Lyndal re not attempting to close the PayPal account yet (even if you could).

I'm truly surprised that PayPal haven't remedied this situation for you. Ah well, you will probably get more satisfaction with the AFCA.

Message 38 of 42
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

thankyou.gif

... and very good advice from Lyndal re not attempting to close the PayPal account yet (even if you could).

I'm truly surprised that PayPal haven't remedied this situation for you. Ah well, you will probably get more satisfaction with the AFCA.

Not sure how I feel at the moment because I just got a reply from AFCA and they stated that they have contacted PayPal about the issue and gave me the details and those were that the AFCA have left it up to PayPal to resolve the problem and to get in contact with me.

They already did this and weren't willing to resolve the issue so I don't know if they're going to do anything that's why I contacted AFCA.

I'm surprised with this,but maybe not so much as it doesn't have to do with a huge amount of money so perhaps not worth it from AFCAs perspective?

At a lose right now.

Message 39 of 42
Latest reply

Hmmm.

It might be an idea to phone them and explain that you are constantly being charged additional amounts, and that PayPal haven't resolved the ongoing issue nor have they refunded all the relevant moneys and assured you that any additional costs charged as a result of the issue will be waived.

Message 40 of 42
Latest reply