Paypal payment details.

I have a recent purchase paid for via PayPal which I was refunded for. However I believe the seller was just ignorant of what he was selling rather than a deliberate misleading description. He has refunded the transaction full amount through PayPal. However I would like to send the seller his postage cost as I don't really want him to be out of pocket for the expense. I just went to PayPal to send the seller a some money to cover his postage cost, but found PayPal does not show the email address any more. Any suggestions as to where to find their email address now or how to send seller postage cost.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Paypal payment details.

Click on the transaction in Paypal;

Underneath the amount is a link to 'See details on our Classic site';

Click on that, and the other party's email address will show.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

That is how it used to be. I cannot find any  link to classic site from the transaction details on either on the summary tab or the  activity tab.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It's certainly there in my Paypal.

Landing page is the standard summary page and clicking on a transaction gives the breakdown of item, payment and charges, with the Classic link just below the total transaction amount.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Looks like Paypal is giving different people different views like Ebay does sometimes.

Desktop computer - Win10 - MS Edge

Summary page -> click transaction -> expanded transaction detail only giving seller name - but no link

Account activity page - as per summary page.

Is there a way to get to the classic site without using link?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

After much searching with no results/workarounds from the web that still worked I rung PayPal in frustration. Info has been passed onto 'technical team' to look into. However they did give me a address that logs directly into the classic site.

https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

Copy this link & save somewhere as it might be usefull in the future as it looks like PayPal  is playing with changes.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The PayPal email receipt would have contained the seller's email address, too. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply