Paypal payment has not been accepted

I made a "buy it now" purchase and paid with paypal  through ebay pay link but payment is not accepted by purchaser?

I see this seller is new and has sold 98 of the same item in 3 days, it was cheap so bought one!

How can seller not accept I thought it just goes into sellers Pay Pal account later and seller gets an instant notification of payment? has paypal or ebay stopped the payment? Or might seller not have the number of items to sell and made a mistake while listing?

I have not come across this before so I have cancelled my paypal payment for now.

Any Idea thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Paypal payment has not been accepted

I haven't looked at your purchase history to see the item, but this: I see this seller is new and has sold 98 of the same item in 3 days, it was cheap so bought one!

is ringing very loud alarm bells, especially since the PayPal account appears to be invalid - these are all common signs of scams.

If my suspicions are correct, I suggest that you cancel the payment, have absolutely no contact with the seller, and remain wary of future spoof / phishing emails.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I cancelled the payment the moment I got notification it was not accepted!

What happens to the ebay purchase in my name? i have never defaulted on a payment or not paid for an item before .

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

quiffy123

If it's the 32GB microSD micro SD SDHC TF Card, it's been reported as a fraudulent listing for non existent items, along with all the other listings from Scammer Seller IDs with fake feedback.

As already advised beware of further spoof/phishing emails you may receive.

Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware, keylogging and virus protection and change all your passwords regularly.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry, missed the bit where you said you'd already cancelled. :8}

The system will (or should) show that payment was initiated, but I'm not 100% sure whether the seller will be able to open an unpaid item case (if they try to) in these circumstances.

If they do, you will be able to show that payment was attempted but the seller's account was invalid, so even if it results in a non-payment strike, it should be easily appealed and overturned. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes it is the SD card! but if its already been reported why is it still in an ebay listing?

Also i am sure when I looked yesterday that the seller had a feedback score but now none and thought it strange when I could not add the item to my watch list?

Thanks for the info to both of you 🙂

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

It can take a while for eBay to take action on fraudulent listings, unfortunately, but ultimately what will likely happen is that the listing will be cancelled and the item removed completely from eBay (so it will not appear in your purchase history at all, and the seller will not be able to open any cases in relation to it).

If they had FB yesterday, it probably came from other scammers who have since had their accounts banned, and if they themselves were registered recently, all FB they have left is removed. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply