Paypal refund of return postage drama

Hi

Has anyone had experience of claiming a Paypal refund for a returned item

Pretty annoyed, went through the automated form, attached all the required documents. Get an automated email, they tell you it will be refunded in 5 days, then waited & waited...

Still within the 14 days I sent countless emails & resubmitted again with no response.

Now outside the 14 days. Nothing

googling I've found lots of unhappy people saying this is a stalling tactic by the outsourced "Telus International" in Europe who are incompetant & just ignore you & spending hours on the phone with Paypal doesn't achieve anything - not their problem.

As I'm $45 out of pocket for a seller's mistake, I'm pretty annoyed

Anyone with any insights?

Thanks

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Ring PayPal.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

You buy something on ebay.

It is not as described so you apply to ebay for a return and refunnd.

Ebay find in your favour so the seller has to provide either a shippig label or the money to refund the return.

(a) You get the label or the money and return the item with tracking.

Seller receives item and ebay authorise the refund.

(b) The seller doesn't provide the means of return so ebay refund you and get it back from the seller and you don't have to reurn the item.

(c) The seller agrees through the dispute to pay the postage after they get the item back, ebay enforce that once the item shows as delivered back to the seller.

Where does Paypall feature in this other than being the medium through which ebay refund the cash?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

It is an overseas return, no seller provided label.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

What you have described does not sound like a paypal dispute......paypal does not deal through Telus or any other third party.

Are you sure it was a paypal dispute or a dispute through the ebay MBG?

They are two very different dispute processes.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Yes I have rung Paypal - they have washed their hands of it as it is "not their company" but the "company they work with" Telus International. Telus collects the money for refund & places it in the Paypal account. So, yes, they actually do these refunds through a third party.

The form you fill out on the Paypal website goes to:  paypalaureturns@telusinternational.com.

Paypal said the only way you can contact them is via email - no phone contact. I have contacted them at least 10 times & get a robot reply that gives no information.

Paypal said they cannot help in anyway - the refund is not through their company & not their service  (though I argued it is advertised by them with their logo)

Has anyone out there gone through this? 

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

@tetibird wrote:

It is an overseas return, no seller provided label.

So have you returned the item ?

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

I have never had anything like you describe although I have opened a few paypal disputes over the years.

All I have ever had to enter is the paypal Unique tranaction number for the payment I am disputing and the reason for the dispute.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

The item was returned - I couldn't claim a refund on return postage (to USA) till I returned it

The refund for the initial item through Paypal was fine

It's the refund for the return postage that's the issue. I sent (as required) a photo of the parcel with the merchan't address, a copy of my

Australian post receipt, a screenshot of the original payment through Paypal (& the refund) with transaction items. I filled out an online claim form with all the details which went off to Telus......& besides a robot response asking for all the item I'd already sent, nothing.

A real person at Telus initially responded with a couple of comments BEFORE I claimed when I was asking about the process. But nothing since I claimed. & there is no way to contact them beyond the email they won't respond to. So much for Paypal's buyer protection.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Is it the one where you have to sign up first?

**Return shipping receipts require the sellerโ€™s address and the amount you paid. If you use regular post without shipment tracking, like through Australia Post, we also require a photo of the package being returned showing the sellerโ€™s address.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply