Pitney Bowes

Hi all just want some advise about Pitney Bowes.

Purchased an item from a US seller 190994128640 postage was around 105 US on the ad

when it finsihed the seller got back to me and said it was going to be 127 odd and thats fine as I thought 105 was a bit cheap

So I asked him to create a new invoice and he could'nt, something to do with the global shipping program I think he sent me what it said, anyway I said thats fine paid the invoice and paid the difference via paypal, so far all good.

This is the first seller I have come across that has global shipping program and I buy a bit from the US

This morning he emails me and said there must be some mistake as he didn't get all the money, basically 61 was taken by pitney Bowes, I explained this to him and he doesn't seem to know whats going on, what is the procedure at their end with pitneys now?

I suggested he refund and create a new invoice for direct shipping or to a US address I can use but I don't think he knows how.

I would prefer a new invoice via USPS but know all I can see is a mess.

Any advise moving forward?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Pitney Bowes

I don't know what's going on here, i buy 95% of my stock from the USA, zero problems with shipping costs.

Message 11 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

But are your sellers using the Global Shipping Program?

If you read this thread you will see that the complaint is about sellers who use the GSP/Pitney Bowes.

Message 12 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

Hi, i read the O.P.

I do understand what there saying, maybe............there's a different way of buying.

What would i know?

Message 13 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

I don't know what's going on here, i buy 95% of my stock from the USA, zero problems with shipping costs.

Do you buy your stock through eBay, though?

The GSP is an eBay 'initiative'.

Message 14 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

Hi, yes and no, a fair amount of stock comes thru ebay.

Any way i'll leave it there, thanks.Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

My sentiments exactly. We need an alternative to Ebay if this GSP does not go away.

Message 16 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

@merlijnokinawa wrote:

My sentiments exactly. We need an alternative to Ebay if this GSP does not go away.

There are a lot more pressing problems on ebay than the GSP.

The GSP is not exactly new, so it is not going to go away any time soon.  Buyers are managing to either accept it or work around it but if the new defects system is not stopped there will be no small sellers left on ebay in a very short period of time.

Ebay will be left with the Chinese sellers and large retail shops who already have their own websites as well as a B & M presence.

Message 17 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

I purchased 8 pairs of mens underwear from the USA, and I was charged $98.00 shipping to have them sent to Australia. Ebay's Global Shipping Program is a total rip off. Don't buy from any sellers who use this program. Spread the message far and wide.
Message 18 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

And those 8 negs you gave the seller will probably be removed.

It's not the seller's fault that Pitney Bowes charges so much, often they are opted into the GSP as default international shipping and may not even be aware they are shipping overseas - the only address they see will be Erlanger in Kentucky.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 57
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes

Anybody know how many GSP threads have been started in the last 3 YEARS?

Message 20 of 57
Latest reply