Post and couriers and new AP system...

Hello E1, I am aware that as of July 1 this year AP took on masive changes with their parcel deliveries system and I received a tracked item with tracking number today and it was just thrown on my doorstep ( fairly roughly because obviously the driver did not feel like walking up the 3 steps to put it down ) anyhow my concern is that shouldnt there have been a signature for this item? It was fully tracked and I was monitoring the status online and was receiving email updates too.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@gobigone2011 wrote:

Still a bit confused, sorry.

I understand what you mean by " Increased tracking " it actually gives PP the option to monitor its status online 24/7 so they can go ahead and refuse INR claims if the tracking number given by seller is fake however what i do not understand is in relation to INR claims.

Lets say item goes AWOL in hands of AP is buyer still protected for INR? There is no real proof that it has been received???

gobigone, sorry, when I said "increased tracking" I mean increased as in the number of parcels now being sent with tracking.

We started using Click & Send for regular parcels in 2010 and it cost an extra $1.50 for the tracking on top of the postage cost. To keep costs down we only added tracking on some parcels. Since May of this year the parcel postage cost includes tracking so all of our parcels are now sent with C&S tracking and lodged over the counter to meet PayPal's Proof of Shipment requirements.

If an item disappears and there is no real proof that it has been received? According to the Australian PayPal Buyer Protection Policy, claims of Item Not Received may not be accepted if the seller provides proof of shipment.

S7.9 If the seller presents Proof of Shipment to your address, we may find in their favour even if you did not receive the item.

From the PayPal website:

What is proof of shipment?

At the very least, your documentation must include the date the item was sent, plus one of:

• An official acceptance by the shipper, such as a postmark or online status (status that shows the item was delivered is also acceptable), or
  • The recipientโ€™s delivery address showing at least the state, city and postcode (or international equivalent), or
  • A receipt from Australia Post showing at least the recipientโ€™s suburb, city or postcode (or international equivalent).

Examples of proof of shipping include:

• A copy of the shipping receipt that includes the delivery address. You can get this from Australia Postโ€™s Registered Post and Australia Postโ€™s Registered Post International, or
  • For Australia Post eParcel customers, a copy of the consignment information page which shows the delivery address and the online tracking code that can be used to confirm delivery, or
  • A shipping code PayPal can use online to view the shipping status and the delivery address. You can get this from TNT, DHL, FedEx, Skippy Post and other carriers, or
  • A receipt issued by the carrier signed by the recipient acknowledging delivery.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

rjm6572
Community Member

what we should do is complain to aus post about their service seeing we are paying a lot to get send and receive our items

https://contactus.auspost.com.au/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2Njc1ODc1Ny9zaWQvRTZocW10b2w=

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Aus Post parcels now include tracking and sellers can opt to have tracking updates emailed to buyers free of charge.

Signature on Delivery is not included unless the seller has paid extra.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

thanks sportandplay so does that mean some fraud buyers can open INR disputes falsely?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

No.

PayPal requires proof of shipping, not proof of delivery, so the increased tracking should actually reduce the number of false claims for INR.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Still a bit confused, sorry.

I understand what you mean by " Increased tracking " it actually gives PP the option to monitor its status online 24/7 so they can go ahead and refuse INR claims if the tracking number given by seller is fake however what i do not understand is in relation to INR claims.

Lets say item goes AWOL in hands of AP is buyer still protected for INR? There is no real proof that it has been received???

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

The basic tracking is limited in scope just as the express satchels always were. they only show tracking to the nearst delivery centre and unless the seller pays the extra for signature required they are treated just the same as the old regular parcels were.

For Paypal seller protection the seller has to provide proof of posting to at least the buyer's postcode so unless the postcode happens to be the same as that of the local delivery centre it will not qualify for seller protection and while Paypal may initially find in the seller's favour an appeal by the buyer pointing out that there is no trackable proof of delivery to their postcode will see that decision overturned unless signature was required so it shows as delivered and signed for..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry, but I have to question the advice you give regarding post services pj - you have made it clear in other posts that you predominately use click and send ebay satchels, so not sure why you are advising on other products you are not so familar with.

Based on personal experience and tracking of a few hundred of parcels being sent by me or delivered to me from destinations acoss Australia  - IMO the tracking now provided by regular parcels, prepaid satchels, express post satchels, registered large letters and click and send without ebay satchel, has improved significantly. compared to a few months ago - though IMO this seems to be  dependent on the delivery centre area you live in.

I am not a lover of Oz Post, they drive me nuts Cat MadCat Frustratedthrough their consistent incompetence, particularly HQ customer service - which is a joke and full of clearly untrained representatives who make it up as they go along. 

However, credit where credit is due I reckon and whilst all regular parcels are not tracked to door as they should be seeing a customer PAID for the service, there is definately a significant increase of the amount of events scanned - including delivery to the door of regular parcels and satchels. 

Talking about jokes, these are the most stupid, ridiculous, unclear smileys - the worst I have seen .... so hazy visually and a two year old could sketch a clearer image IMO.  and mods it is related to this post because I wanted to use them to highlight particular points in this post and failed dismally due to a choice of robots man woman etc etc - OMG give me a break. 

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I may use click & send as a seller but as a buyer i am receiving parcels with all types of delivery method.

I have had successful claims with Paypal for a domestic and an overseas item which were initially found in the seller's favour as the status showed as delivered but once I pointed out that they only showed delivery to the suburb where the mail centre was I was refunded in both cases.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Well as you are not around in Australia for a good portion of the year, and the changes were only introduced a couple of months ago I still don't think you are up with the times.

Of course I would never expect you to concede that.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply