Postage delivery times are now pathetic

I am a regular buyer on Ebay but am getting fed up with the long delivery times taken when articles are sent via Australia Post. Some are shown as "Shipping Information Approved by Australia Post" and then sit in that state for a week. Sorry Ebay but I will be looking to use Amazon from now on. Also Sellers are now showing long delivery times to avoid bad feedback on delivery, well they have lost my business.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Postage delivery times are now pathetic

Well I should have known, being eBay (buyers can do as they please but sellers get canned for false positives) 

My apologies Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

I'm pretty sure the policy applies to all members, it just says it's not allowed to leave a negative comment with a positive rating. I'll look up the link when I can access my PC again.
Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

Why the hell are you blaming sellers for ebay's pathetic attempt on fictitious delivery times?

There are always a large number of scenario's as to why something turns up late.

For example the floods in QLD have delayed postage and I've had buyers contacting me from those areas asking when will I be posting and I told them I posted a week ago and due to the flood situation the items may well turn up later than expected lol.

Mind you all these items have been posted registered so all they have to do is check the tracking lol instead of going all nuts over it.

Buyers should also read their emails they receive from PayPal letting them know when their item was posted lol.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

We don't live in a perfect world, if we did, everything would arrive yesterday.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Before it was paid for

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:
I'm pretty sure the policy applies to all members, it just says it's not allowed to leave a negative comment with a positive rating. I'll look up the link when I can access my PC again.

Here t'is, and yes, the policy applies to everyone, not just sellers:

"Members can't exchange Feedback solely for the purpose of increasing Feedback scores, gaining eBay privileges, or enhancing their reputation on our site. Neither can they influence another member's Feedback through a series of repeat purchases, or by leaving negative comments with a positive rating. "

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-policies?id=4208

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

I send everything with Australia Post.

I don't know how 'slow' it is because I don't check tracking unless there is a problem, so you could indeed be correct.

Which would explain the positive feedback I received on Tuesday for 2 separate items I posted on Sunday afternoon. From Canberra to Melbourne and Brisbane. Shocking service.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

This reminds me so much of a colleague years ago, who demanded of another staff member, "Why didn't you go directly to the horse?"

What she meant was, give your message to those directly involved.

Not a lot of use whingeing about Aust Post times here, wrong forum.

A few years back, I had a similar complaint to you. I was extremely annoyed because I seemed to be receiving mail about 5 days after  people in neighbouring suburbs. (I knew this by arrival times of invitations which were all sent at the same time). And normal letters were often taking 5-6 days even within Melbourne.

Here's what I did. I looked up Aust Post online and clicked their 'Contact us' tab. I wrote about my concerns and they contacted me and asked me to start documenting my mail. They also  told me they had contacted my nearest Aust Post hub about my concerns.

If I were you, this is what I would do. From tomorrow, start keeping a few notes. What date a letter or parcel arrived, what date it was posted and where it came from.

Then contact Aust Post direct about it, with your evidence.

Aust Post has undergone some massive changes in the last 3 or 4 years. I know this from a friend whose husband has recently been employed by them. Apparently there were big problems with delivery times a few years ago but it should be a lot better now. It certainly improved a lot after I complained & we have a wonderful postie & quick deliveries now. Then again, I am in suburbia & country people may have slightly longer waits but probably expect that.

But no use complaining to sellers or ebay if your beef is with  Aust Post. Go directly to the horse. Even if you don't want to buy from ebay any more, at least aim to get the rest of your mail deliveries on a faster track.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

Yes, terrible service, should have been able to do it within the hour.

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

Over the last 3 weeks, I have had too much **bleep** deliveries from couriers n Aus post

from suppliers. Missed deliveries etc etc. Went to bat n ball argueing with them

and did not end well.

Huge delays in shipments and deliveries.

Then there is all sorts of misdirections in tracking of parcels out across the country

just the last 3 weeks. I dont normally keep tabs on them until I encountered all sorts

of business ending issues.

Currently 1 I shipped late due to bad supply is being delayed in delivery as its gone to

brisbane from sydney from wollongong whilst on its way to Adelaide.

2 others also took a detour b4 heading to Perth.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply