Postage from USA - why so expensive?

I have pretty much given up buying avything from the USA. Are their overseas postage fees really that exhorbitant at the other end? We are talking $25 - $30 for very small packages, compared to around $10 - $15 equivalent delivery method from the UK.

Message 1 of 150
Latest reply
149 REPLIES 149

@2012jojr wrote:

I agreed with you...many items from China hot free delivery or very low cost delivery...when you try to buy something from us you give up as it is 10...15...20 times the cost.

The high delivery costs from us is unreasonable.

We already have to pay 10...or 20% SGT import tax from Us...while with China only 5%.....why 2 different %?

And if u also add the delivery costs it became almost impossible to buy from US also if prices in Us are very cheap.

Please stop bumping this old thread. People might think the figures quoted years ago apply now.

GST on imports is 10%. Flat rate, no difference between countries of origin. I don't know where you got your 'information', but it is incorrect.

Try reading the GSP facts thread if you want to know the ins and outs of postage from the USA.

Message 141 of 150
Latest reply

I am in Australia I have bought quite a bit from the
US getting expensive China is good free postage really reasonable so I do see why the US has to be so expensive I am sick if all these prices US US AU AU POSTAGE SHIPPING it is so confusing to figure out just how much these small tubes of blemish cream costs gready seller's that will loose business with unbelievable prices 🥺🥺
Message 142 of 150
Latest reply

There still is Economy which is very cheap. And I have bought a couple of things that were sent via economy and they arrrived from the US in about 3 weeks. I pprobably wouldn't risk it now with the turmoil the world is in. Also tracking may not be possible.

Message 143 of 150
Latest reply

postage costs from the USA is stupid. 

Message 144 of 150
Latest reply

@daric.au.4uftq8rc wrote:

Not all of us had a good edumacation.

Message 145 of 150
Latest reply

And replying to an 8 year old thread is even more stupid

Message 146 of 150
Latest reply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi daric.au.4uftq8rc  and welcome to the forum. Yeah, well it is crazy with these prices. I agree! That's for sure.  Anyway, I'm getting stuff via economy and if done right, stuff comes over for around a fiver sometimes.  See of seller can do it on economy. The tracking on economy is not very good but if you have a secure mail box then it can work out well for you.

Message 147 of 150
Latest reply

A fiver?

How old are you?

Message 148 of 150
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

How old are you?

I guess Turmeric doesn't have a use as an anti-ageing cure then Stawks........true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 149 of 150
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic

Thank you for understanding.

Message 150 of 150
Latest reply